Pied a Terre

34 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 2NH - View on a map

Pied a Terre Restaurant In London

Yes, it's all very fine and precise and everything you'd expect it to be. But when you add it all together, it's perhaps also just a little bit joyless.

Richard
Monday, May 04, 2015

Having eaten at Pied a Terre many a time when Shane Osborne was in charge of the stove, I was excited to visit again, this time with Marcus Eaves at the realm! Although I have been lucky enough to experience Marcus' cooking many times before, it's been a while, so I was interested to see how much his cooking had progressed over the years.

I was responsible for organising a very special lunch for colleagues so I had to impress. I knew Marcus wouldn't dissapoint!

Originally we planned to have the set lunch menu but when we got in there I managed to convince my boss that we should eat off the A La Carte (mainly because I was desperate to have the venison!). After an aperatif and the promise of a fab meal, I twisted his arm! None of the table had eaten at the restaurant before and they were blown away by every single aspect of their meal.

Between us we had rabbit, scallops, quail, lamb, venison, trout, amazing cheeses, tons of Melbec, a selection of desserts (because we couldn't choose!) and a variety of dessert wines to wash them down with. WOW! We went in at 1.30pm and didn't leave 8.30pm! My colleagues were in food and wine heaven!

Marcus' food is sublime. It's creative, colourful, smart, modern and most of all absolutely delicious.

I honestly think anyone who doesn't rate Pied a Terre as one of the top restaurants in the country and Marcus as one of the most exciting chefs, needs their head reading and their taste buds tested!

All of the staff were friendly but a special mention has to go to the Sommelier who was just fantastic. He put up with our indecisiveness and then presented us with the most fabulous wines with good humour and educated us all!

A perfect afternoon!

AMC_London
Thursday, April 04, 2013

Needed to entertain a client, a very special one and was hopeful of doing it on a budget at pied-a-terre. I had been told that there was a 7 course menu at £55, so a call was made and with the choice of an early or late table; which I don't mind, read previous reviewer upset by that, but I wanted the deal so booked a 9pm table which had no return time.

The place is so discreet that you could be standing outside and not realise, it's sandwiched between William Hill and DimT.

I was impressed to be offered tap water along with the usual still and sparkling, an offer we accepted. We went straight to the wine list and ordered an English white wine which was excellent and also great value.

As we were on the summer deal the menu was preset and no choice was offered, and my guest then tells me she's vegetarian, I felt sick! Asked the head waiter that looked like Thierry Henry what could be done and was thrilled that he simply bought a different menu ready to go to accommodate my guest.

Having read the vegetarian menu I opted to join my guest in the vegetarian option, now I love my meat and fish, but this is the first time I have read a menu that was so interesting and vegetarian - it just had to done.

We were served 3 lovely little canapes followed by a tiny girolle soup, a tomato salad that was amazing, a spatzle (pasta dish), an onion tart, pre dessert and a truly awesome puff pastry dessert, billed as millefeuille.

Coffee was extra but came with jummy petit fours and no charge for a second espresso?

Pied a terre delivered an amazing meal, we were on a deal and grateful for it but at no time did we feel like we were on a deal.

It was a wonderful evening!

Monday, September 10, 2012