Pied a Terre

34 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 2NH - View on a map

Pied a Terre Restaurant In London

Yes, it's all very fine and precise and everything you'd expect it to be. But when you add it all together, it's perhaps also just a little bit joyless.

Richard
Monday, May 04, 2015

Having eaten at Pied a Terre many a time when Shane Osborne was in charge of the stove, I was excited to visit again, this time with Marcus Eaves at the realm! Although I have been lucky enough to experience Marcus' cooking many times before, it's been a while, so I was interested to see how much his cooking had progressed over the years.

I was responsible for organising a very special lunch for colleagues so I had to impress. I knew Marcus wouldn't dissapoint!

Originally we planned to have the set lunch menu but when we got in there I managed to convince my boss that we should eat off the A La Carte (mainly because I was desperate to have the venison!). After an aperatif and the promise of a fab meal, I twisted his arm! None of the table had eaten at the restaurant before and they were blown away by every single aspect of their meal.

Between us we had rabbit, scallops, quail, lamb, venison, trout, amazing cheeses, tons of Melbec, a selection of desserts (because we couldn't choose!) and a variety of dessert wines to wash them down with. WOW! We went in at 1.30pm and didn't leave 8.30pm! My colleagues were in food and wine heaven!

Marcus' food is sublime. It's creative, colourful, smart, modern and most of all absolutely delicious.

I honestly think anyone who doesn't rate Pied a Terre as one of the top restaurants in the country and Marcus as one of the most exciting chefs, needs their head reading and their taste buds tested!

All of the staff were friendly but a special mention has to go to the Sommelier who was just fantastic. He put up with our indecisiveness and then presented us with the most fabulous wines with good humour and educated us all!

A perfect afternoon!

AMC_London
Thursday, April 04, 2013

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 7/10

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - My starter of salt brined scallops was dressed with delicate strands of celeraic and the crunch of almonds. The scallops were faultless in their tender state but a better choice was the roasted quail breast which was even prettier and was a bit more gutsy in its flavours. However at times the idea outshone the execution...While the food was exquisite, I felt Pied a Terre lacked some of the wow factor of other two Michelin star restaurants such as The Ledbury and The Square.