San Lorenzo

22 Beauchamp Place, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 1NH - View on a map

San Lorenzo Restaurant In London

We were looking for somewhere to eat Italian in Knightsbridge and wandered down Beauchamp Place.

Seeing San Lorenzo, memories flooded back of the stars flocking here, so we went in. It was 6.40pm on a Sunday evening and they weren't open until 7pm so we were offered a drink at the bar. We had a couple of glasses of champagne and the barman provided a bowl of nice juicy green olives and some excellent breadsticks.

At 7pm we asked to be shown to our table. My friend ordered Saltimbocca, veal escalope wrapped in prosciutto and I had the spaghetti vongole.

Both were fine and we each chose a glass of wine, red and white respectively.

To finish my friend had a fresh fruit dessert of mango and and we had two espressos to follow.

The service throughout was excellent. The food was fine. Nothing special. The bill at £124.55 for two was IMHO too high for the dining experience. San Lorenzo is showing it's age. A trip to the bathroom, which I suspect has not been redecorated for 20 years really gives the game away, so to speak. As did the fact that only one other table was occupied.

I can't recommend it as at the end of the day, we are entitled to nothing less than the best value for our money and there are enough restaurants working harder for our custom.

Jonathan Marks - View all reviews by this user