Butlers Wharf Chop House

36e Shad Thames, Tower Bridge, London, SE1 2YE - View on a map

Butlers Wharf Chop House Restaurant In London

We went to the Chop House for my partners birthday. The service was first class from the moment we walked in and the food was fantastic. The only slight downside was the price - quite expensive and a bit of a shock when we got the bill for just two courses and a couple of drinks, but worth it for a special occasion. I think that possibly as we live outside of London and were visiting we just weren't used to London prices.

I would recommend the Chop House for its food and service definitely. Our meal was delivered quickly and was hot, delicious and well prepared. The waiting staff couldn't do enough and made my partners birthday treat very special. Just remember to take a credit card with plenty of credit on it and you'll have a great time!

Sonia Gale
Monday, January 16, 2012

This was my first visit and my last. I love steak, so with that in mind ordered a 350 gram rib eye at £32 for lunch. I asked for it medium rare. It arrived medium well, and was dry and tough. I didn't make a fuss - I was with a client.

There are so many better places to get a vastly better steak in London and at lower prices. Hawksmoor, for my money the best steak house in London - 400 gram rib eye at £26, Gaucho, a great Argentinian restaurant 400 gram rib eye at £25.25, and even Gordon Ramsay's Maze Grill is cheaper - 12 oz (340 grams) rib eye at £30. And to emphasise, this isn't so much about price as quality. All three of the above restaurants are in a different league to the Chop House.

The Chop House is a prime example of a restaurant resting on its laurels and serving mediocre food at sky high prices. Why do people keep coming? Location, location, location.

Michael Palmer
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I have never been so embarrassed in all my life! I have a Spanish friend that came over to the UK and after being treated in Barcelona I decided to take her to London to see the sights and we ended up in the Butlers Wharf Chop House by the Tower of London for something to eat. We went there as the Evening Standard was running a promotion to eat 3 courses for 15 pounds. I thought this was good . However we were put in the restuarant where there was not the same deal but the Evening Standard was supposedly doing a 3 course meal for £25 each. However all vegetables were extra at £3.75 each including sautee potatoes and after an hour and a half we only ate the poor starter. After prompting the waiter we finally finished the small portions two and a half hours after we sat down only to be confronted with a bill that made me fall off my chair! They had charged us £4 for water, £4 for a small fruit juice and £2.90 for half a lager. Then on top of this they had added 12.5% service charge. I paid.

Had I not been with my Spanish friend I would have told them the food was poor, cold, small portioned and extremely expensive and the service rubbish plus I feel they robbed me. AVOID

Beware -if a deal looks too good to be true it probably is and it certainly was here.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

You pay for the location. Perfectly placed on the river and great to watch the world go by. We stopped by for a Sunday lunch at the weekend and there were a couple of things that I felt left me dissapointed. Firstly no toilet paper in the ladies toilet...which I think smacks of lack of attention to the details. Also, we ordered beef; one rare and the other medium rare. When the waitress delievered them to our table we asked which was which....she didn't know! - her solution? why don't you cut into it and see!!!!!

Helen