35 Maiden Lane, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7LB - View on a map

Rules Restaurant In London

Marina O'Loughlin

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - Partridge for two, exquisitely juicy and with a whiff of mulchy earth and hedgerow from its ageing, is majestic: served on a silver charger with fruity, relish-like red cabbage and that pithivier, a dome of crisp pastry stuffed with the bird's innards and garlicky French sausage, it's a complex, memorable little number that shoots straight to the top of my list of deathbed dishes.

The Independent

John Walsh

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - My Grey Leg Partridge was served whole, and was a terrific sight. Around it, like respectful hierophants, were arrayed bread sauce, gravy (they don't say 'jus' at Rules), redcurrant jelly, celeriac gratin, purple sprouting broccoli, parsnip and bacon crisps. Such an orchestra of tastes. In the middle, the partridge yielded up its chickeny-ducky flesh only after a struggle, but the combination of tastes was astounding...You end a meal in Rules beaming at your great good fortune in being alive, having all five senses and being able to eat God's English bounty, expertly cooked and served as it might have been for Graham Greene or Ava Gardner, only probably much better.

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 - Everybody who's anybody seems to love Rules these days. Especially the cocktails. But let me cut to the chase and spoil it for you now. I'm just not so sure I'm going to be joining this specific club...The Verdict: Eh. (And lest you be distracted by all my points, the coolness of my main and the slowness of the dessert and the response to the slowness of the dessert were my primary gripes.)