Masala Zone (Soho)

9 Marshall Street, Soho, London, W1F 7ER - View on a map

Masala Zone (Soho) Restaurant In London

We both went for the grand thali option - a large platter with a choice of curry, two veg dishes, poppadum, roti, chutneys, a small salad and a dhal. I had a very tasty chicken curry (the name has slipped my mind sorry!), but my partner's lamb vindaloo was amazing - spicy, but not so much that you can't taste the actual flavours. Very tender, very meaty. Our bill came to around £32, including drinks - which for Soho, is a great deal.

Will definitely be coming back.

siobhan - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, August 14, 2014

Worked out better than I'd expected...

Usual preference is for "independent" rather than chain establishments, and rarely been much taken with Thalis either (they always seem to end up cold - must be the big metal dish).

Anyway - this was quite tasty, distinct flavours to all and it mostly seemed to stay acceptably warm.

Would I go again? Given similar circumstances (Sunday evening, central London, limited time) I probably would. But without those constraints, probably not - although the meal was good (and reasonable value), I just don't feel much urge to explore the menu further.

Dick Bowman