Veeraswamy

Victory House, 99-101 Regent Street, London, W1B 4RS - View on a map

Veeraswamy Restaurant In London

The food offered here has become too "westernised". However, this restaurant is smart and clearly lots of tourists come here. For "real" Indian food, I would eat elsewhere such as the Bengal Clipper close to Tower Bridge.

JR
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Booked a table here last minute for my birthday. I was slightly anxious as they have such a naff website and I had read the food was quite expensive. However, they easily accommodated a large group on a Saturday night, so I booked and hoped for the best.

Veeraswamy did not disappoint. They sat us on a beautiful large round table away from the other more intimate groups, so that we did not disturb anyone else. The food was amazing - very good quality and unusal Indian dishes that delighted everyone; the service was brilliant; and they even bought out a surprise dessert for me in honour of my birthday.

This is a brilliant place to go for all lovers of Indian food, whether as an intimate couple or a large group, the restaurant can accommodate all needs and provides really tasty dishes. The bill was £70 per head, which included cocktails, wine, beer, starters, mains, a couple of puddings and a large tip as rewards for the great service.

Leila
Monday, October 01, 2012

Great Indian food in a lovely setting with very good service. This is not a neighborhood bengali takeaway with vindaloo's and the like. Rather, it is an authentic, up market dining experience that does not disappoint.

DoubleDouble - View all reviews by this user