Coq d'Argent

1 Poultry, Bank, London, EC2R 8EJ - View on a map

Coq d'Argent Restaurant In London

We went there for our anniversary. Service was very slow. And food was very average. Not impressed.

mix - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, December 06, 2012

Overpriced, mediocre restaurant. I had lunch there this week and I was not impressed at all. For a starter I had a salmon and artichoke salad. The flavours worked together but the artichoke was hard and a bit bland. The smoked salmon was nice with the crab. For my main meal I had sea bass on a crab risotto, or supposedly a risotto. The fish was nice but the risotto was hard rice with no crab in a green broth. My lunch companion had one scallop with one piece of pork belly - he was not pleased considering this was around £15! His main meal was some kind of chicken dish - this was served at the table but it was annoying as it took ages and was too elaborate.

There was also a long wait in between our starters and main meals - at least half an hour. Considering we were there at lunch, I would have thought they would have been a bit speedier....

All in all, I would not return for the food but I would come and have a drink on the terrace...

Saturday, September 29, 2012

after reading the dreadful review, but hearing so much good, I decided to take my wife there for our 5th wedding anniversary. what a place, beautiful setting and some of the best food in london (dessert were amazing), service was friendly but a bit rushed and the wine on the expensive side but a few good deals if you know were to look (dont be shy ask the somelier for affordable wine).

mac - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, September 08, 2011

Popped in a couple of days ago for the first time at around 6pm, being so popular for the recommended views, there was a huge queue, which my friends and I avoided by returning at around 8pm and made it to the upstairs bar where we were told that they have already run out of nearly half chosen by us wines.. well, something like this may happen, especially when it was so busy that evening, so after we were served, we proceeded to the terrace, straight to the views, half an hour later, just about ready to top up our glasses and suddenly this woman approached us and without any introduction pressed on lecturing us about some private banquet .What?! I did wear my glasses, yes, surprise-surprise I can read! Five out of five have not noticed any signs suggesting a private venue, and by that time having spent half an hour at the terrace, without any attempts of hiding behind the bushes, please, taxi!
View/Add comments (1)

Anna
Saturday, June 04, 2011

I ve been to Le Coq D'Argent saturday evening, to share a nice moment with my mum. What a big disappointment !

We arrived around 8.30 they give us our table, then very quickly we ordered and they said to us, the sommelier will come for the wine, with my mum we wanted a glass of champagne, the sommelier came and put the menu on the table ok , no time to order the wine, our starters arrived (literally 5 min ) I was very surprised, so we didnt take aperitif, straight to a glass of wine, my mum took asparagus and I the foie gras, what a shame it was warm, with a poor presentation and not tasty, and we had to wait for our glassesof wine I was already annoyed! then they took of our plates and bread (while usually they take the bread before the dessert...)

i took a fish not amazing , and for dessert we shared a tarte tatin. The waiter came and show us empty plate ( with creme fraiche and ice cream) while he was suppose to show us the entire Tarte before to cut it !!

After that they came ask if we wanted something else tea coffee.. we had another glass of wine so we just said so far we are fine, and 2 min after we had the bill ! What a joke !

So I was ashamed to bring my mum there really ! I felt bad it was expensive it absolutely didnt worth it ! London is having so much choice do not go there !

voila this was my experience, never ever again!

Alexandra