L'Oranger

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I visited this restaurant once last year for lunch and was very impressed. Having not been for some time i booked again for a business lunch. The food was excellent and the service friendly and professional. Ive eaten in some of the "top" restaurants in London and this is on par for quality and service. It is a little on the pricey side compared to your average place, but if you're prepared to pay for quality then the prices here shouldn't offend.

A solid restaurant that i would happily recommend.

David - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 18, 2012

Brilliant food and a lovely venue, but the front of house is sadly not on par.

My wife and I dined here for our wedding anniversary. We were greated by about six staff as we entered; this left us feeling somewhat like celebrities, which we are not. After this, the attention from the front of house waned (e.g. between ordering and receiving our wine, about 25 mins; requesting the bill, 20 mins).

I was fortunate enough to order the degustation. I say fortunate because I was told that normally a minimum of two must order this; thanks to the waiter on this occasion. My wife ordered from the menu: salmon roulade and beef. The food was exceptional, but it was a bit dissapointing that the waiters did not explain each course of the degustation; to remember six (or was it seven) different courses is not easy for a diner, especially when enjoying a few glasses of sav blanc.

I sincerely wish the very best for this restaurant as the quality of food, its taste and presentation was brilliant. The menu is great with traditional French cuisine with a modern twist. Yes I would go back, but I would hope the level of service has improved for the price.

Z