Smiths of Smithfield Top Floor

67-77 Charterhouse Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1M 6HJ - View on a map

Smiths of Smithfield Top Floor Restaurant In London

Smiths has jumped the shark.

I ate at the top floor with my girlfriend. The waiter was visibly disturbed I didn't laugh at his jokes. A duck starter was only moderately tasty and overall, far too small. I got the impression food was prepared for its looks rather than good eating quality.

The 38 day aged steak was tough although thankfully, not overcooked.

The dessert - a poor cheesecake in a glass - was just plain bad.

The waiter explained to us what jasmine tea is. This was the final straw. I have fond memories, but I won't be returning here ever. The night was embarrassing for me.

The Stomach - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, October 07, 2012

Fantastic for brunch and often use the dining room for business. But tried out the Top Floor last Friday which was superb from start to finish.

I went for...Wye Valley Asparagus, Watercress, Amalfi Lemon (delicious seasonal dish)

Norfolk Rabbit Loin, Serrano Ham, Little Gem Lettuce, Peas (lovely cut with beautiful additions)

Rhubarb & Duck Egg Custard Tart, Limoncello Ice Cream (rich and creamy but light)

I thought that it could be a little pretentious but the staff were friendly and inviting and wasn't rushed. The views are stunning and I will most certainly be back!

Wednesday, June 06, 2012