Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

68 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 4HP - View on a map

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay Restaurant In London

Metro

Andy Lynes - 4/5

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - Navarin, a simple French country spring lamb stew, is subjected to maximum haute cuisine shenanigans but emerges with its dignity intact. Slices of perfectly pink roasted best end come with meltingly tender braised shank, confit breast and shoulder with more of that baby spring veg and an intense yet light lamb jus...If you want classical cooking and old-school service and you’re willing to pay for it, even the most trend-conscious hipster would have to concede it’s hard to beat.

Went here (31/10/12) for lunch with a friend who is shellfish allergic, which they handled well. I'm sure we were missed out on bread the first time, a later arriving couple got theirs first. The ever observant Jean Claude Breton was there to ensure everything was spot on, and chatted to all diners, which was nice. Sommelier is not pushy and took my modest order without a flicker of disgust (lol!)

The food is exemplary, the halibut with ras el hanout broth was a little over seasoned, but otherwise lovely, I'm afraid the desserts were the weakest part of the meal, a bit of a so what finish.

Must return for the a la carte.

Fu-Dog
Friday, November 02, 2012

I came here last weekend with my partner as he has always wanted to eat in a three Michelin star restaurant. The main thing that stuck out for me was that absolutely faultless service by all the staff. They could not do enough for us and made us feel welcome from start to finish, with just the right amount of interaction and knowing when to leave you in peace.

The food was superb, it's probably not the best food I have ever had, but the presentation and combination of ingredients were amazing and it was very tasty. The restaurant itself was stylish and modern without being stark and felt very comfortable.

Overall, this was a great experience and I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for fine dining without fear of being judged by the wait staff.

Clare Smith