Andrew Edmunds

46 Lexington Street, Soho, London, W1F 0LW - View on a map

Very busy so best book in advance and if you are given a time to vacate, they will probably need your table. That said, they will try to accommodate you as far as they can. Monday and Tuesdays tend to be quieter nights.

Try the chicken parfait with toasted brioche to start and damson and slow gin ice cream as a dessert. Any of the mains are worth having.

The wine list is extensive and you can have a decent white for £32. You are likely to pay in the region of £50 - 60 for the three courses.

The serving staff are on the go all night and occassionally, you are at the mercy of the kitchen so can be waiting a length of time between courses. We were fine but the next table had about 45 minutes between starter and main. It was a Friday night and we came in just before it filled up completely.

Patsy S - View all reviews by this user
Monday, April 15, 2013

We hadn't been here for a while, and our previous visit had ended on a mixed note when the banana sorbet I had for dessert was unpleasant and I abandoned it after 2 or 3 spoonfuls. The waiter was commendably forthright, saying he wasn't surprised as he'd thought it was a strange idea for a dessert, and took it off the bill.

We weren't put off by this and had meant to come back but it's been a while. This time we had a very tasty beetroot and goats cheese salad and some outstanding potted shrimps to start, the latter accompanied by crisp home-pickled cucumber and melba toast. The mains were even better, excellent home-made spaghetti loaded with shreds of delicious crab meat and subtle chilli heat, and the best cassoulet I've had - soft haricot beans disintegrating in the mouth, rich confit duck falling off the bone, lovely garlicky boudin blanc, buttery chunks of rendered-down belly pork. It was a ribsticking meaty winter-warmer, absolutely full of slow-cooked-in flavour.

We shared a dessert of delicately lemon-flavoured baked cheesecake - proper baked stuff, soft yet firm and crumbly, none of this mousse-like fridge-based nonsense. It came with a sharp tangy berry compote which I asked to have on the side (it would normally be poured over, which I don't like). Service was friendly and efficient, as it has been every time I've visited.

Backdrifter - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not that expensive

Food ok but nothing special

Service ok but a little clumsy

However they are to pretentious to sell beer

Friday, November 04, 2011

London Eater

London Eater

Monday, March 29, 2010 - Finally, my turn: Pork Belly, apple puree, mash. A herculean plate of food. Chunks of sliced pork belly glistened under the spotlights, it looked so good, I was struggling to refrain myself from poking a finger as I took pictures. Hearty and homey aromas steaming quite visibly from the meat. Oh gosh, what regal texture. The juices go everywhere as I bit into it, so hearty and so beautifully roasted. The mash was equally so, buttery. The best bits though were the apple puree and a large slab of crunchy crackling which they had left to one side on the dish.