The Lobster Pot

3 Kennington Lane, London, SE11 4RG - View on a map

The Lobster Pot Restaurant In London

I have always walked past this restaurant when walking to a job and I have always wanted to try it as I have been to the sons restaurant next door and have always enjoyed the food which excellent and very reasonable! We decided to go for the taster menu and to put it mildly it was one of the best decisions we made the food was amazing, I haven't had fish that good in years and it was the first time I have ever had perch and it was beautiful! The portions were generous and we were full by the end, it was not like some taster menu when you walk out feeling hungry! Overall it was excellent!

Alex veal
Sunday, August 26, 2012

Once we had rang the bell and entered the restaurant, the sound of sea gulls gave the ship deck based restaurant an authentic feel. The port holes with fish swimming by, the fish nets and French signage gave a true French feel to place.

After reading the menu and quickly deciding we wanted everything! we opted for the 8 course taster menu. What came next was dish after dish of the most glorious fish based meal you could ever wish for.

The fish was cooked perfectly in every course (all 5 of them!) and married together with the most complementary sauce you could imagine. The tasting delights continued with the deserts as well, a pancake filled with creme brulee with 2 sauces complimenting it perfectly.

We were fortunate enough to meet Herve the owner/Chef, and after a brief chat, he took us to his bar next door for a tour which was equally as French, welcoming, and interesting as the man himself.

We are definitely returning once we are in London again!

TinaP - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, April 07, 2012

Clearly, the chef-proprietor Herve and his charming wife do what they do because they love it., and that is what makes this place utterly special. My wife has a medical condition that requires an extremely specialised and difficult diet, a challenge to which Herve rose in masterly fashion last night with an extraordinarily inventive eight-course surprise menu that didn't miss a beat. The food that other people had off the regular menu also looked and smelled brilliant.

This friendly and welcoming place has been family run throughout its 20 year life, and it shows. It is a completely delightful place to spend an evening. The food is brilliant, the wine list simple and well chosen, and everything about it designed to make you happy and satisfied. That's how my wife and I felt, anyway.

As for prices, not the cheapest, but certainly far cheaper than the Mayfair equivalent, and we would happily have paid more for this.

Best seafood restaurant in London, by a mile. Probably the best restaurant, too.

JP - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, January 22, 2012

Went to their 20th anniversary celebratory lobster dinner last Thursday-amazing lobsters, scallops, creme brulee pancake

Pippa and Matthew Oakeshott