Mitsukoshi

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I am a senior Japanese lived in UK for more than half of my life. I eat less Western cuisine but eat Japanese cuisine regularly at home or restaurant. I have been going to various Japanese restaurants in London and Mitsukoshi is one of them, especially lunch time (order Shouka Bento). I seldom go for dinner and last night was my third occasion. My last visit I experienced terrible service but food was good. Last night was even terrible but this time food was also terrible. Hiyayakko was dry and bad smell of bonito flakes. Sashimi Moriawase (£19.70) came with unprofessionally cut and each with small piece. Tenpura Moriawase (£14.50), too hard batter. Yaki Satuma-age was not juicy. Tenzaru Soba (£14.00), again tenpura batter too dry but soba was fine.

None of staff shows any courteous and no smile whatsoever. Even, no 'Arigato Gozaimashita'

I think Mitsukoshi Restaurant will go out of business in the very near future.

Saturday, May 12, 2012