Royal China (Queensway)

13 Queensway, Bayswater, London, W2 4QJ - View on a map

Three of us ate well over a dozen dishes between us, each consisting of three dumplings, rolls, diimsum etc. The quality of the food was among the best I've ever had. The ingredients and combinations were a delight and everything was well prepared and sumptiously varied. Including some drinks, tea, desserts the whole bill came to only £80. Which for me is surprisingly good value.

There was a queue and the service was quite dry, but when you're so busy I think it must be hard to truly engage with everyone. Perhaps they could hire more waiters or train them up a bit in making people feel valued. Other than that, they were perfectly polite and would satisfy all but the most demanding customers.

For me the food is the point, if I want service I'll go to a brothel :) LOL just joking.

It's not somewhere you would want to have a nice long family meal, but is perfect for a meeting or lunch/dinner date that is time-efficient and delicious.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Food is very fresh. Shame about the unfriendly staff. A smile wouldn't hurt.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

I really really disliked you restaurant. Your staff are rude and all they are trying to do is to take your food away without asking so you do order more so you can make more money. I will never come there and will not recommend it to anybody...

Tuesday, March 05, 2013