Patio

5 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush, London, W12 8QQ - View on a map

Patio Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Matthew Norman - 4.5/5

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - Freshly baked rye bread with butter and pork pâté gave way to a plate of those kabanos, served aflame with a beetroot sauce, mustards and pickled cucumbers. Eschewing the hunter stew and smoked salmon with blinis, we went for a pair of classic soups: a garlicky white borscht, here curiously if endearingly spelt “borsteh”, with country sausage, and the classic intense, sharp, clean-tasting beetrooty red version laden with pierogi (dumplings) that would be one of my Desert Island soups.

The decor is brilliant; it has a very quaint yet authentic feel. Imagine a romantic dinner in your gran's pink living room being prepared by curt but very friendly, hospitable polish ladies (think doilies, crystal glasses, and candles)

Food was exceptional, hearty sized portions yet well balanced flavours. I fully recommend the red broche (a real highlight) and the duck for mains; also dont miss the pancake style desert.

Value for money is fantastic, the best I have found in London, free pate and bread and dont be surprised if offered a free shot of vodka and fruit mid-meal when its quiet; 3 courses £16 and always leave feeling very full and satisfied.

Cant recommend enough, obviously with a place like this you have to know what youre getting, but come here if you like great, good value food with an authentic polish setting.

Elisabeth
Sunday, February 19, 2012

I went there this afternoon for a family dinner. It was a bad experience from the time we walked in. Nothing was as they showing on their website: inside decoration, menu was twice shorter than they offer. We have been greeted by a lady who just came out from the kitchen in very dirty apron.

That suposed to be my special day they ruined it.

NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Disapointed
Monday, August 08, 2011

A fantastically friendly little restaurant with good homely food.

I visited here with an old school friend of mine after reading the reviews on the window. When I entered I was greeted by the hostess as if the restaurant was her dinning room and we were old friends. The restaurants dcor is very homely and comfortable to be in.

After being sat down and ordering a couple of Polish beers, both my friend and I decided to go for the 3 course set menu which is incredibly good value. There were a wide selection of items on the set menu which a nice change from most set menus.

I had the white borsteh and my friend had the smoked salmon. Both were excellent but we agreed I had struck the jackpot with my choice.

For mains we had duck and pork, both fantastic with some lovely fresh salads and potatoes.

To finish we both managed to squeeze in some lovely fruit tart and of course our shot of flavoured vodka.

This was first experience of a Polish restaurant and I loved it! We both wobbled out of the Patio full and with the smiles on or faces you only get from home cooked food. A gem of place, I urge you to visit!

Christopher James