5 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush, London, W12 8QQ - View on a map

Patio Restaurant In London

Matthew Norman - 4.5/5

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - Freshly baked rye bread with butter and pork pâté gave way to a plate of those kabanos, served aflame with a beetroot sauce, mustards and pickled cucumbers. Eschewing the hunter stew and smoked salmon with blinis, we went for a pair of classic soups: a garlicky white borscht, here curiously if endearingly spelt “borsteh”, with country sausage, and the classic intense, sharp, clean-tasting beetrooty red version laden with pierogi (dumplings) that would be one of my Desert Island soups.

My boyfriend and i went to Patio restaurant last night. My boyfriend is polish and we were both looking forward to eating good wholesome home cooked food. Especially after reading the reviews of this restaurant our expectations were high. We were given the set menu which had the soup borst on it. This white borst was probably the best on the menu. The rest of the menu left a lot to be desired. I was in a word, disappointed. I was really looking forward to this meal and felt let down. The salmon blini was ok but nothing extraordinary. The main courses were again ok but nothing to write home about. The price of the meal was exorbitant for what we had. £57. My boyfriend who is polish didn't recognize any of these so traditional dishes. I will not be going to Patio or recommend to any of my friends.

Christine Terentowicz - View all reviews by this user