The Fat Duck

1 High Street, Bray, London, SL6 2AQ - View on a map
Telephone: 01628 580333

I really wanted to love this meal. Alas, it was not the great experience that the price would have you believe. Service was overly fussy (removing the water bottle from my hand whilst I was pouring myself a glass is very 1990). Dishes like sound of the sea and the snail porridge that have been on the menu since forever were underwhelming. Mad Hatter's Tea Party.. bouillon simply not very tasty. A bit lukewarm. Just like the rest of the meal.

Overall, very disappointed. Great shame. I wouldn't come back and I would go as far to say that I would actively discourage people from going. There are many better restaurants out there that do fabulous food these days.
View/Add comments (1)

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I made a lunch reservation for two in March 2014. On the 'Fat Duck' day, my friend was very sick and she could not make it to the lunch. To honor the reservation, I had lunch alone in Fat Duck. The service and food were ok. However, just now I realized that I was charged twice. I paid 229 pounds in the restaurant, and there was another charge of 175 pounds on the credit card.

I emailed the reservations manager about the wrong billing. This person said the charge was due to reduction of party. I am feeling very disappointed, as this is the most expensive meal that I ever have, and I have to pay the double price (total of 404 pounds). During the meal, restaurant staff did not offer any extra food, or offer food to take away. I had one meal only, but paid for two meals. This restaurant owe me a meal now :(

MagiC
Monday, May 05, 2014

I had the most amazing lunch possible at the Fat Duck restaurant. The service was impeccable, the waiters polished and professional, but entirely friendly, and every course more amazing than the last, all accompanied by correspondingly brilliant wines. It was the most wonderful treat ever. I just wish I could do it again!

Marina Tod
Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 10/10

Friday, May 20, 2011 - I was blown away by the theatrical nature of my meal at the Fat Duck. It was not only some of the best food I have eaten in my life, it was also truly an experience rather than just a meal. I was constantly delighted, amused and entertained by what appeared before me. The fact that such an experience was served in a low key, relaxed environment only made the meal more enjoyable.

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - The magical mystery tour was over, and I loved it. It is true, it did not 'blow me away', but being blown away is over rated. What I experienced was an extremely well thought out menu, with some crazy touches which elevated the whole experience over your average meal. Great produce, intense flavours and flawless execution. And the service was immaculate. Although it took a while for the whole show to kick off, from the minute we were given our first dish, the team worked together seamlessly like cogs in a well oiled machine. Led by Daniel, the gracious Maitre'D, he made sure that the show kept moving forward.

London Eater

London Eater

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - One simply cannot measure this restaurant on the same scale as other restaurants. In that the experience was simply peerless. Nothing in London is like this. It is the only restaurant I have visited which has left me with the annoyance, nay the feeling of unfulfillment, in that I felt as if I hadn't chewed enough to justify a full meal, but at the same time, feeling utterly satisfied. It is a restaurant I wouldn't want to go back, a restaurant that I could not go back to, in order to preserve the mystery, the wonder and the excitement of the first and only visit. This is what - in my humble opinion - makes The Fat Duck experience so special.

+ Show more bloggers