Locanda Locatelli

8 Seymour Street, Mayfair, London, W1H 7JZ - View on a map

Locanda Locatelli Restaurant In London

I visited this venue on Sunday 6 march 2014

I have to say I don't understand how it got a Michelin star

The starter was ok but the time between the starter and next course was far too long

My main course of duck was very poor indeed. How can you get a raw duck breast and an over cooked duck leg onto the same plate ! Truly awful

The tiramisu was the worst I have ever tasted

It took three attempts to process the bill

This place really needs to up its game

Monday, March 10, 2014

I have always like locanda locatelli, but on recent visit I feel the restaurant has slipped. I came witth my family. This isnt a family friendly restuatant. Very limited food choice for your children.

Overall the food is good my main gripe is the very "italian" service, it is way too chaotic for me and puts you off enjoying you meal.

richard
Monday, November 26, 2012

It was my first experience of this Italian restaurant (a birthday treat for my 70th) My mouth, taste buds & eyes were truly enchanted. A beautiful meal, wonderful service & a truly lovely ambience.

Hilary Lawrence
Monday, January 23, 2012

Great atmosphere, busy but intimate, filled with very soft light. Service was uniformed and professional. There was a disappointed look in the sommelier's face when I ordered one of the cheapest bottles, and to his credit I should have bought something nicer. That was my only regret for the night. I'm still thinking about the special white truffle pasta. The veal loin was moist and flavorful, with a lovely jus. I was too full to fit much in but sorbet at the end, but I did enjoy something from the extensive grappa list. Great menu and first rate cooking. Expensive but I'd go back.

Dan - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, October 22, 2011

Four of us ate at Locanda Locatelli last night and even arriving at 7:30 the restaurant was absolutely buzzing. Roberto, who is still the best maitre'd in London, was on hand and all the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was sublime. I agree with another reviewer, the salt-cod starter is delicious, full of flavour with the sweetest little tomatoes to balance the flavour. My fillet of sea bass with artichoke puree was perfectly cooked with subtle flavours and I was sorry when it ended. For dessert, I opted for the Cannoli with strawberries and pistachio ice cream...scrumptious. I don't think you can beat LL for food, service and a buzzy atmosphere and it only added to the evening to spot popstar Will.I.am, Gwyneth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani and Kate Winslet.

Susan
Friday, October 07, 2011

An American In London

An American In London

Friday, March 18, 2011 - The braised lamb neck with buttery polenta ticked all the boxes for a good braise: fork tender, lots of rich fatty bits and a strong sauce for you to mop up. A little more polenta to accompany the enormous portion of meat would've been ideal. Contorni were a very mixed bag...Worst menu moment was the tiramisu (6.50). A total crime. Stale ladyfingers doused in a runny mascarpone and drowned in amoretto. Despite sharing one portion among four people, we didn't come close to finishing it.