Mon Plaisir

21 Monmouth Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9DD - View on a map

Mon Plaisir Restaurant In London

I have dined quite often at this restaurant and find it consistently superb.

My favourite dishes are the foie gras - I know I shouldnt but when it is made this well, one must indulge!

Beetroot and watermelon salad with goats cheese is a novel delight, light and refreshing, and the steak tartare is a must - I didnt like it until I tried it here.

Service is attentive, and the atmosphere is always bustling to just the right amount.

I am also a big fan of the busy, authentic french decor.

The pre-theatre and set course menus are fabulous value for money. All in all a great, family run, independent restaurant which I shall return to, time and time again.

Rachel Stewart
Tuesday, October 09, 2012

We had a pre-matinee booking on St Patrick's Day and only had 40 minutes to have lunch and get to the Donmar Theatre.

We ordered a 3 course set menu and told the staff of our dilemma. The first course was endive salad which could have been fresher and more interesting, had sat dressed for too long. The main courses were salmon and Navarin of lamb which were exquisite. My son who loves food and cooking thought it excellent and my lamb was tender, full of flavour and with a delicious sauce and couscous on the side, no other veg.

The apple tart came straight away with the coffees and was light, fresh, thin crispy base. The white wine carafe well chilled, tap water cold and coffee superb. the waiters (esses) were all very attentive and quick to respond. We left in 35 minutes with minutes to spare for the theatre and would return to spend more time over this fine cooking.

It's a lovely experience to be able to eat a splendid meal in an interesting well-aged restaurant with merit at top speed without stress.

Bravo Mon Plaisir!

cynour
Saturday, March 17, 2012

The food was good, the atmosphere informal and easy going. The great thing is this French restaurant actually feels and looks like something you would expect in Provincial France.

Mark Cognet
Monday, February 06, 2012

This place is awful. The prices and the management are truly the worst you could have. I was charged £28.95 for HALF a grouse. No restaurant in London serves half a grouse. It is an extraordinary rip-off. Then, the manageress complained about me to a thug who was loitering outside, who then berated me for complaining. He claimed they paid £14 wholesale for a grouse. Actual price, say £6 or £7. He was aggressive, rude and threatening. Avoid like the plague.
View/Add comments (1)