Maxim

153-155 Northfield Avenue, West Ealing, London, W13 9QT - View on a map

Maxim Restaurant In London

THIS WAS THE WORST DINING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. DO NOT EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT.

The food was average, very overpriced for the quality of food and the amount that you receive.

When presented with the bill we realised that there was an OPTIONAL service charge of 12% added to the bill. We inquired about why the service charge was so high and were met with a very rude and hostile reply. Out of principle we refused to pay as we believe that we should not be pressured into paying more than we want for a mediocre service. The waiter's demeanor changed instantly and he tried to pressure us into paying the extra 12% as well as trying to embarrass us in front of other customers in the restaurant by raising his voice. We stood by our decision not to pay the service charge and reasonably tried to explain that it was a matter of principle, and that his behaviour was not helping his persuasion. He called a manager to come and deal with our situation, which really was not necessary, and we expressed that we would not like to argue and would simply like to pay for our meal and leave. The manager tried to tell us that the service charge was compulsory even though it was clearly stated on the bill that it was optional. After this he said 'you don't have to pay the service charge, but we will not serve you again' when we inquired about what he meant he said 'whenever you come, we'll be fully booked'.

This was the most ridiculous response I have ever heard. I was shocked at how arrogant the staff were over their mediocre restaurant that has a tiny TV which plays BBC One in the waiting area. Having read some of the other reviews on here I am very surprised at how this restaurant is still open. I will never be eating here again and will be telling everyone I know not to either.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

We only ordered 3 items for a birthday takeaway and 2 were v mediocre. It was clear by the smell and taste of the spring rolls that the oil in the fryer needed changing as they were inedible and the crispy duck was so crispy a hacksaw was nearly required and it was v dry once you got in.

Not good enough Maxim!