The Peasant

240 St John Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1V 4PH - View on a map

The Peasant Restaurant In London

My husband and I looked at a lot of venues for our wedding but knew the minute we stepped into The Peasant that this was where we would hold our wedding reception.

Nick, was absolutely amazing! He made everything so easy and fun. We genuinely looked forward to planning each step with him as he had fantastic ideas and took all of our ideas and wants into consideration. Nick, recommended our wedding DJ - DJ Cat fight, who was also fantastic and had all of our guests on the dance floor all night.

The food. The food was a highlight! Every single person commented on how beautiful and tasty the food was. No one could believe that they didn't have to pre-order and were able to choose from a menu on the day. The food was 10/10! Our evening guests didn't miss out either and people are still talking about the amazing evening food months later.

Everyone at The Peasant made our wedding reception an absolute delight! If we could do it all over again we would!

Thank you again!!

The Prices x

Cassy-Ann Price
Wednesday, May 11, 2016

From the moment we stepped into The Peasant to view it as a potential wedding reception venue we knew that it was the right place. Nick and his team ensured that everything ran like clockwork from the word go. The planning and attention to detail was immaculate, and nothing was too much bother. The venue catered for us to have an all vegetarian and vegan menu, and the food was delicious, with some carnivorous guests even asking for recipes for items off the menu. Guests were impressed with not just the delicious food (3 options for each course which they could chose on the day) but also the attitude of the staff and the atmosphere that this wonderful old pub created. I would not hesitate to recommend the pub to anyone wanting anything from a quiet drink or a wedding, it's a superb venue with a superb team and deserves to be as popular as it is!

Olivia Thompson
Tuesday, August 26, 2014

From our first visit to The Peasant we had no doubt that this was the place to host our wedding reception. The incredible decor, laid back atmosphere and stand out food were all factors, but it was meeting Nick that really sealed it for us. Nick had great ideas and input for the menu’s, wine and was really helpful and totally supportive. Having him there from the very beginning and on the day was fantastic. Organising the whole day ourselves was made so much easier by Nick and his team. They are brilliant.

We couldn't help ourselves and ended up eating at The Peasant for numerous Sunday roasts – by far the best in London, some excellent wines too! We had great fun deciding how we’d dress the venue. We really didn't need much, the place has such an individual style, and feels so special anyway. Nick was brilliant and allowed us to do everything we wanted to tailor the place to us.

The food is certainly something that stands out for our guests, now seven months on they’re still talking about the canapes and that menu. The fact our guests could choose on the day was incredible and certainly sets this venue against the rest – I just wish I’d eaten more of it!

The venue works so well with the two floors; drinks reception down stairs with the beautiful dining room upstairs perfect for a wedding breakfast, and then back down stairs for the evening do. And what an evening do it was! My dress was ruined, and I can’t remember everything…. But I have incredible memories. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Thank you so, so much Nick & The Peasant. It really was the best day ever. I just wish we could do it again!

Jess Davies