Mango Tree

46 Grosvenor Place, Belgravia, London, SW1X 7EQ - View on a map

Mango Tree Restaurant In London

It was a total disappointment for a fine dining Thai restaurant!

We went to Mango Tree Thai restaurant for my birthday dinner, we always wanted to try this place as it looks good from the outside when we walk or drive pass the restaurant. When we first arrived we were told by the receptionist to wait at the bar even though the majority of the table were empty!

Unfortunately I must say that we were both utterly disappointed with the meal that we received as we both love Thai food very much, we feel a bit sorry to say this but it's our genuine thoughts after having meal in Mango tree, it is the worst Thai meal we have ever had in London! Comparing to other Thai fine dining restaurants like Blue Elephant and Patara, we expected the food to be presented with interesting garnishing and good tasty food, but Mango Tree is over charging on price for the food quality that they provide! We have been to some non-fine dining Thai restaurant in London and we had much better meals compare to what we had in Mango Tree.

We ordered grill Thai chicken marinated with coconut and some other beautiful ingredients, it turn out to be like a chicken dessert if you can imagine the taste! Everything was too sweet on the plate, the chicken were sweet as well as the source and I couldn't finish the dish, we special requested for "green leaf only" stir-fry vegetables as we don't like mixed vegetables, but it still came to us as mixed vegetables that taste like they have put too much sugar in it. We do love Thai dessert but we don't appreciate our main course to taste as sweet as dessert!

At the end of the meal we were literally have the same thought which is we will never ever come back to this restaurant again!

The only good point that we would like to make is the staffs are quite attentive, although the waiter could not delivered our order according to our request.

*The above comments are based on the experience of our first visit in this restaurant. Overall it was a total disappointment!

Gratton
Friday, January 03, 2014

I ate at this restaurant with my Husband. We always wanted to try this place, so I was very excited to have booked a table although we could only get a booking for 21.30.

When we entered the restaurant it was extremely busy, we were seated after a short while. Our food took a very long time to arrive. We had the Mango Tree platter for 2 as starters.. The satay chicken was badly cooked, the rest of the starters was edible, but not terrific. When the main dishes finally arrived I WAS EXTREMELY disappointed.... OMG, the food tasted awful!! Absolutely AWFUL. One of the dishes was served in an empty fresh pineapple skin... I say again YUCK! Disgusting all of it!

Fresh Mint tea tasted like dish water! I asked waiter to take it back twice!

The atmosphere was good, service was slow.....

Value for money, no way!! Never ever again!!!!

Mrs A Phillip
Friday, September 14, 2012

We dine out quite alot and just happened to see a Groupon voucher for Mango Tree so thought we would give it a try - we bought 2 vouchers for 4 people and went.

Pleasantly suprised by the welcome - but thats where it ended! - we looked at the menu and mentioned that we had the groupon vouchers and they immediately snatched the real menu's away and brought us special menus with the word GROUPON across it - nice touch..NOT!

Anyway the food was not too bad cant say it was the best I've had as it was chefs tasters and more like mini starters.

Then it got to bill time they did not take the Groupon voucher into account and charged us 12% service charge on a £250 bill - we told then that the bill was not £250 but half that due to the vouchers. Waitress seemed very agitated and called the manager but we stood our ground. The service was ok not great and I think the groupon special menu lacked taste.

On the overall the price paid for the tiny chefs tasters could never have amounted to £250 - clearly a con by Mango Tree and Groupon.

I also have stopped using Groupon after a couple of disappointments - my advice is save your money and try places like Clos Maggiore or even better Petrus!!

Mark