The Ivy

1-5 West Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9NQ - View on a map

The Ivy Restaurant In London

On Sunday March 20th 2016, my daughter Jacqui took me to The Ivy, West Street, London. The restaurant had been on my bucket list forever. After a train journey from Northamptonshire we arrived at 12noon for lunch. From the moment we sat at our table to our eventual departure, the food and service were second to none. I would like to take this opportunity especially, to thank Will (from Brazil) for his amazing kindness in seeing my delight at being there, showed us around the upstairs premises and obligingly offered to take a couple of pictures of my daughter and myself on her mobile phone. How great was that.

Thank you again for making it a very special day.

Mrs. Gill Cross
Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Ivy is wonderful. It oozes class without being stuffy or pretentious. The restaurant is cosy but not cramped. The food is simple but stylish and always utterly delicious. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and service is efficient without being rushed. And the prices are about 50% of those charged by most other top-end London restaurants. I cannot fault it. It really is lovely.

Steve Sanders
Friday, March 21, 2014

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - The menu reads like that off a gastropub. Simple hearty dishes with a few cheery additions, but unfortunately the actual delivery was slightly lacklustre and smacked of 'make do'. My starter of mozzarella was pleasant enough, with an avocado pesto adding a nice and interesting dimension, but ultimately all tasting a bit ordinary. Duck was also ok. A simple confit with some well cooked new potatoes on the side. Filling and a decent enough lunch, but the whole experience left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.