The Ivy

1-5 West Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9NQ - View on a map

The Ivy Restaurant In London

The Ivy is wonderful. It oozes class without being stuffy or pretentious. The restaurant is cosy but not cramped. The food is simple but stylish and always utterly delicious. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and service is efficient without being rushed. And the prices are about 50% of those charged by most other top-end London restaurants. I cannot fault it. It really is lovely.

Steve Sanders
Friday, March 21, 2014

It as always been a dream of mine to eat at The Ivy, and it came true on 2nd Nov. My husband and I went to celebrate our "day we met anniversary" ! it was 45 yrs this year. The food was heaven on a plate, the staff were so so friendly and couldn't do enough, made me feel very special, so thanks Ivy for making my day !!

Pauline Fraser
Sunday, November 10, 2013

Been to The Ivy a couple of times a year for the last 8 years, and last tuesday when I went for lunch was the best meal I have had in a long time, together with excellent wines and service. The Spinach and avacado salad was to die for, thanks for putting that salad back on to the menu as that was one of my favourites, then I had the salmon which was delicous and the Ice berries in hot white chocolate sauce was heaven.

Thanks again

Sarah Gallichan
Tuesday, August 20, 2013

i have been going to the ivy for years and i love it. when i'm in london, which is usually once a year for a few days, i must visit the ivy. the food service staff atmosphere the whole package is excellent. they also own other restaurants and the staff say i should try one of their other restaurants but to me i am loyal to the ivy. i have just returned from london yesterday after being in london for 4 days and i went to the ivy for lunch and dinner. long may it reign. you must try it, out you wont be dissapointed. 10 out of 10 once again, thank you.

andrew in north wales uk
Friday, August 16, 2013

I went to the Ivy for the first time last Saturday and again today, both for lunch. And I must say I love it. I mentioned to the waiter that I am gluten intolerant and they brought me some gluten free bread, which is very welcome with the smoked salmon. I also asked if they could use different oil for my chips in order to avoid trans-contamination and they did it without a problem. And when another waiter brought some sauces he mentioned to me that there was some flour in them, so I couldnít have some. Itís good to know they communicate with each other. The food was superb and the staff courteous and helpful. I will definitely go back. The food deserves every penny and the wine is perfect. I give only 9 for the atmosphere because it gets very noisy at lunch time during the week.

Elise - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Had lunch at The Ivy yesterday & had a fab time. Food was great, lovely buzz & staff were really friendly. So relaxing & enjoyable.

S
Monday, November 19, 2012

Celebrating my wife Carol's 50th birthday at the Ivy our first visit. On arrival the reception was excellent, the food to die for, and service out of this world. Only problem we live in north east. Visit to london will not be complete again without a meal in The Ivy.

Andy hill - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 25, 2012

Had a lovely three course meal at the Ivy on Sunday evening, with my Mum and girlfriend. The service was second to none. The staff were all very attentive without being over-bearing. We all agreed the food was exquisite, all three courses were exceptional. We sent our compliments to the chef, needless to say.

Everything about this restaurant is top class, and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone.

Richard
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I have been to the ivy on numerous occasions & have had excellent service & Food every time & have just booked to visit again in September....some people are only happy when they are moaning!!!!!!!

D Isaac
Thursday, August 09, 2012

After 9 days of glorious food and hospitality all over London including the East End, our experience at The Ivy was a huge disappointment. The staff seemed to be totally unconcerned about us. They did not ask us for drinks when we were seated and they kept returning to the table asking if we were ready to order. The food was boring at best. The atmosphere was unappealing . We felt rushed and nobody bothered to ask us if we would like coffee or dessert. You know, the usual things a fine restaurant's staff would do and you should expect. Lastly, of course, the price was much too high to pay for such a horrible experience. I should have stayed home and made a better meal or gone to the local pub,

An American who will never return again to this over- rated establishment! Kudos only to the doorman who went out of his way to get us a cab so that we could get the hell out of there!

Nancy A. Hallo-Hudson, M.D.
Sunday, August 05, 2012

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - The menu reads like that off a gastropub. Simple hearty dishes with a few cheery additions, but unfortunately the actual delivery was slightly lacklustre and smacked of 'make do'. My starter of mozzarella was pleasant enough, with an avocado pesto adding a nice and interesting dimension, but ultimately all tasting a bit ordinary. Duck was also ok. A simple confit with some well cooked new potatoes on the side. Filling and a decent enough lunch, but the whole experience left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.