The Ivy

1-5 West Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9NQ - View on a map

The Ivy Restaurant In London

The Ivy is wonderful. It oozes class without being stuffy or pretentious. The restaurant is cosy but not cramped. The food is simple but stylish and always utterly delicious. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and service is efficient without being rushed. And the prices are about 50% of those charged by most other top-end London restaurants. I cannot fault it. It really is lovely.

Steve Sanders
Friday, March 21, 2014

It as always been a dream of mine to eat at The Ivy, and it came true on 2nd Nov. My husband and I went to celebrate our "day we met anniversary" ! it was 45 yrs this year. The food was heaven on a plate, the staff were so so friendly and couldn't do enough, made me feel very special, so thanks Ivy for making my day !!

Pauline Fraser
Sunday, November 10, 2013

Been to The Ivy a couple of times a year for the last 8 years, and last tuesday when I went for lunch was the best meal I have had in a long time, together with excellent wines and service. The Spinach and avacado salad was to die for, thanks for putting that salad back on to the menu as that was one of my favourites, then I had the salmon which was delicous and the Ice berries in hot white chocolate sauce was heaven.

Thanks again

Sarah Gallichan
Tuesday, August 20, 2013

i have been going to the ivy for years and i love it. when i'm in london, which is usually once a year for a few days, i must visit the ivy. the food service staff atmosphere the whole package is excellent. they also own other restaurants and the staff say i should try one of their other restaurants but to me i am loyal to the ivy. i have just returned from london yesterday after being in london for 4 days and i went to the ivy for lunch and dinner. long may it reign. you must try it, out you wont be dissapointed. 10 out of 10 once again, thank you.

andrew in north wales uk
Friday, August 16, 2013

I went to the Ivy for the first time last Saturday and again today, both for lunch. And I must say I love it. I mentioned to the waiter that I am gluten intolerant and they brought me some gluten free bread, which is very welcome with the smoked salmon. I also asked if they could use different oil for my chips in order to avoid trans-contamination and they did it without a problem. And when another waiter brought some sauces he mentioned to me that there was some flour in them, so I couldnít have some. Itís good to know they communicate with each other. The food was superb and the staff courteous and helpful. I will definitely go back. The food deserves every penny and the wine is perfect. I give only 9 for the atmosphere because it gets very noisy at lunch time during the week.

Elise - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Had lunch at The Ivy yesterday & had a fab time. Food was great, lovely buzz & staff were really friendly. So relaxing & enjoyable.

S
Monday, November 19, 2012

Celebrating my wife Carol's 50th birthday at the Ivy our first visit. On arrival the reception was excellent, the food to die for, and service out of this world. Only problem we live in north east. Visit to london will not be complete again without a meal in The Ivy.

Andy hill - View all reviews by this user