Sakura

23 Conduit Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 1YF - View on a map

Sakura Restaurant In London

I find it very odd that Sakura gets such awful reviews. I have been a loyal customer of this restaurant (one of the best Japanese restaurants in London) for over ten years. Their move to the new site at Conduit Street has had no effect on the food yet I do understand people's dissatisfaction with the customer service. They seem to have changed a lot of the staff recently and this has led to a few problems but I believe that food is worth it. I have never had bad customer service although the manager did scare me when I was a little younger. We always sit downstairs and it seems that there is better service there? Maybe because the waiters are being watched by the bosses?

I would definitely recommend.

April - View all reviews by this user
Monday, July 15, 2013

I agree, the prIces seem to have shot up since moving to Conduit St.

I do wish they would itemise the bill instead of just giving a rounded final figure. I had no idea if I had been overcharged or not. Sometimes errors do occur on bills but we'll never know with Sakura as they just give a figure. Come on Sakura, you've spent thousands on the move from Hanover Sq, move with 2012 and let your clients know exactly what yet have ordered and are paying for.

Aki
Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I am not satisfied withtheir service.

Me and my wife went to this restaurant for a dinner and ordered 2 main meals. Wife's 'Chirashi' was served reasonably quick but my order 'Katsu-Don' was served after 20 min... it was enough time for her to finish her meal.

I would accept such a delay if it was a busy time, but it was a Monday evening and there were many empty tables... They should understand as a basic, HAVING A MEAL TOGETHER is one of the main reason we go to restaurant....

My wife also commented that Sashimi on her Chirashi was unbelievably thin compared to Japanese standard....

I will never go to this restaurant.

chinbunchi
Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I have been going to Sakura for the last 10 years and the food remains as tasty and satisfying as always. Although I preferred their old venue at Hanover street, the staff are still polite and reasonably attentive. The noodles and 'Don' dishes are wonderful and real value-for money. I have never been wowed by their sushi, but have to say that I haven't tried it much. For a Japanese in central London Sakura comes par to par with many that are pricier without the frills and provides a quick service of hot food.

Zishan
Friday, May 04, 2012

best japanese food we had after long time in london.amazing taste,volume and the price highly reccomend

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I went to this restaurant last night. Disappointing

Food was Ok but I felt really thirsty afterwards.

Service was bad. We have ordered Sukiyaki. The waitress just put everything on the table without showing us what to do. The iron pan was heated so much that it nearly got the smoke alarm go off.

Luckily the sushi chef saw us and jumped into help.

Mary
Thursday, March 22, 2012

brilliant food great service amazing value ,and no service charge .you won,t get value like that in central london. the wine and sake list is huge and good vaiue. the food was precise and beautifully cooked. waiting for another cthance to visit.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I have taken client, and some time family here on numerous occasions over the past year. we enjoy the traditional japanese food every time. BEEF TERIYAKI is my favourite dish. each time we had a fantastic dinning experience. the staff were very helpful and helping to order tasty food. This is my best place in London.

Andrew C
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I have been extremely surprised about their reviews of other customers I have been working in this area for many years but haven’t found a Japanese restaurant like sakura. Portion, taste, price and the service wise. Every Saturday we come to sakura as a family. Definitely the best restaurant in London. Highly recommended.

Jency Vijayarajah - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, December 13, 2011

what a truly superb restaurant. amazing food, reasonable price, no service charge, very busy place, book your table in advance.highly recommended.

david
Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 7/10

Monday, April 19, 2010 - The sashimi selection was served without fanfare on a simple plate rather than a platter or presentation board. The sashimi was a perfect room temperature and tasted very fresh. The tuna in particular was as soft as butter. I also tried the nabeyaki udon which was a real feast. The large bowl of salty broth was packed with udon noodles, chunks of seafood and chicken, tempura vegetables and a poached egg. The tempura was a little on the soggy side as it had perhaps been sitting in the broth for too long but otherwise it was a pretty decent nabeyaki.