We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Simply terrible customer service. I have never had such a dreadful experience at a restaurant. The waiter who served us was incredibly rude and unhelpful not mentioning his dirty clothes. He didn't want to assist us in regards to certain items on the menu and clearly had no patience. Everything we asked was a simple no can't do that , no,no,no!!! He almost took our menus from us as if to say leave now. We asked to speak with the manager who shouted at us and pointed his finger at me. All this because we asked for a tempura prawn hand roll! They couldn't accommodate this deposits being a Japanese restaurant due to the fact the tempura prawns come in pairs and it would be impossible to roll 2 prawns! Seriously!!!!!

Alnas - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 09, 2014

I find it very odd that Sakura gets such awful reviews. I have been a loyal customer of this restaurant (one of the best Japanese restaurants in London) for over ten years. Their move to the new site at Conduit Street has had no effect on the food yet I do understand people's dissatisfaction with the customer service. They seem to have changed a lot of the staff recently and this has led to a few problems but I believe that food is worth it. I have never had bad customer service although the manager did scare me when I was a little younger. We always sit downstairs and it seems that there is better service there? Maybe because the waiters are being watched by the bosses?

I would definitely recommend.

April - View all reviews by this user