El Pirata

5-6 Down Street, Mayfair, London, W1 7AQ - View on a map

It is OK but not really my sort of place. I am not sure why not!

However, the restaurant and bar were packed and full of hustle and bustle, so it is not for me to complain. The food was also good, but I wouldn't go there again if I was going to pay.

James - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, November 12, 2013

....hmm while perfectly ok, unfortunately this did not live up to expectation. Nothing was wrong as such, it was all very nice but from the reviews we expected more. We had the £17ish set menu which did have quite a good variety but nothing was particularly better than tapas we have in other places. In fact i think the food at Mar y Terra Soho is far tastier and much cheaper. Like i say it was all fine, we ate it all and the bread and aioli was particularly good but we were a bit let down after reading so many great things about how special it was.

It was though great value for the mayfair area, we had set menu for 2, glass of cava, beer, bottle of £21 red, which was good-all for £67. Don't get me wrong, if we lived in this area we would definitely go often as it is good and the atmosphere is nice but after all the fantastic reviews on here it was a bit of an anti climax.

HG001