Kettner's

29 Romilly Street, Soho, London, W1D 5HP - View on a map

Kettner's Restaurant In London

A second really awful experience in the last couple of months. Have been coming here for years, but it seems to be going downhill fast. It did seem busy though, hopefully other people are having a better experience.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Kettners is one of the most overrated restaurants in London. The service is bad but the food is truly awful. I sincerely don't understand why this restaurant is still trading. The location is nice but also so loud you cannot hold any conversation. Truly awful restaurant. Will not go back and avoid at all costs.

Katy
Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Met with a friend who I hadn't seen in ages and the meal was super at Kettners in Soho. However, it was quite packed, and since we were only two people, we were sitting quite close to the two tables that we were between. Other than that issue, the food was great as was the cocktails!

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I had a lunch today with a group of friends and we have sampled the Best of British menu. I walked out disappointed - it took very long to be served, selection was limited and when the food finally arrived my fish was not hot - just warm. Although the staff apologized for the delay and they were very friendly I did not feel that the meal was anything special and good value for money.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Had lunch with a friend on Wednesday lunchtime; table booked for 1.00pm. We both had very happy memories of the restaurant in its pre-facelift era (pink bankette seating) with its great choice of excellent steaks and pizzas. Should have smelt a rat on entry because it was only half full as opposed to the very buzzy atmosphere of previous occasions. We both ordered soup of the day, ok, but a request to a waitress for accompanying bread was then ignored - had to get the manageress to bring some! My friend`s steak sandwich was cold and my battered fish had plenty of batter but very little fish. These meals would have been half the price in any decent gastropub and a lot better. The only redeeming feature were the two very pleasant and attentive waiters. Thought the new grey on grey decor was very cold and austere and had lost the charm and individual ambience of the previous `pink` scheme. I am afraid that as a result of our meal, I am reluctantly crossing off Kettners as one of my favourite places to eat..

Paul Moss - View all reviews by this user
Friday, April 20, 2012

I love this place and it definitley deserves a better rating. I popped in last night on an impulse and love the old style french brasserie feel to it , and it always feels really buzzy being right in the heart of soho. Pre dinner drinks are a must.
View/Add comments (1)

veggieburgers - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A Girl Has To Eat

A Girl Has To Eat - 5/10

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - A main of roast venison was tender and succulent. It was accompanied by a port and quince sauce that had a delicate sweetness. However the consistency of the sauce was too runny and further reduction would have served to intensify its flavour. A roast cod was delightfully moist and flaky. However, the accompanying grain mustard sauce let the dish down as the strong use of mustard overpowered the delicacy of the cod. A side of potato and apple gratin was decent, although you couldn't detect the taste of apple in it.