Rainforest Cafe

20 Shaftesbury Avenue, Piccadilly Circus, London, W1D 7EU - View on a map

Rainforest Cafe Restaurant In London

If there is a worse restaurant in the whole of London than this place I would be amazed. I had been warned it was bad but thought I would take my daughter as it had the potential to be fun. It was BAD, i mean truly AWFUL!!

Food: Horrific. I can only assume the kitchen comprises a set of microwaves and a chef with a loyaly card to Iceland.

The decor: Budget and absolutely knackered. And the place was dark dingy and smelt damp.

The staff: Barely able to speak English and completely uninterested.

The cost for such an experience: Extortionate. We attempted to eat half the food, gave up, got the bill and left. One word: horrific.

Jon Oakley
Thursday, August 14, 2014

This is my review on the rainforest cafe.... I must for any one with a physical disability or hoping to access the cafe with a pushchair .. I would like to take this opportunity to raise these issues with you... on arrival we were met by helpful staff who explained there was little space in the lift and only 2 members of the party could accompany the wheel chair users in the lift and the other 2 adults would use the stairs in the cafe... what wasn't explained was that the lift was located 2/3 streets away and meant walking a distance to the lift before been led in under ground service tunnels (20 mins to get to our table) .. had we been advised this we wouldn't have sent member of our party who suffers a sometimes debilitating from of arthritis. Once at our seats we soon realised that very few of the amazing rainforest decorations on the main floor were accessible to us and the whole decoration and experience was underwhelming to say the least. It does advise this in a rather ambiguous way on the Web site... but it doesn't say how much less of an experience this is compared to the main floor.. you also only get mobility info on to the booking tab of the Web site and would be very disappointed if you walked in from the street.. Following out meal.. that was mediocre for the price ( I feel we paid for an experience we didn't receive) we had to go through the the service exit again only to have the door closed at the other end with no help or advice to get back.. Separated from our party 15 minutes from the main entrance with no clear direction of how to get back to the rest of our party.. one of the children had a severe blood sugar issue and was separated from his feeding equipment due to your lack of facilities. Had we been made aware of the facts regarding the lifts and the fact we could not access to an experience like the main floor area we would have re arranged our plans and eaten else where... we will not be returning to you again unless major changes are made to the access facilities and accessible areas are decorated with the same level of attention to customer experience as the main floor... we were very disappointed with a 6 year old birthday girl very upset she couldn't see the elephants she had seen advertised and couldn't access the face painter even though children in the gift shop above had faces painted... all this was only avaliable on the floor we had no access to! I find this very very poor customer service for any guests with any physical disability.

mrs martin
Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Love this place and just have to visit it every time I'm in London.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 1/10

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - Of the food, I wish it had either been a lot better, so that I would have felt more comfortable about the bill, or a lot worse, so that I could have at least had more fun writing it up. As it is, most was just very standard Brakes Bros commodity reheat-and-forget things like chicken wings and burgers, none of it inedible but none of it anywhere near worth the money. The best was my steak...By way of a contrast, the worst dish that arrived at our table was a 'Mexican Quesadilla', at 14.95 probably the most expensive cheese and bean wrap in the country, no better than anything you could pick up from Pret for a couple of quid and tasting of wallpaper paste in between two pieces of cardboard.