Tuttons Brasserie

11-12 Russell Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5HZ - View on a map

Tuttons Brasserie Restaurant In London

Awful, really awful. Dreadful service. They obviously feel due to tourist trap location it doesn't matter. I waited 25 mins for two drinks and when I complained I got no apology just a shrug of the shoulders and the staff then proceeded to laugh and ignore me further. Worst customer experience ever. There are so many other places in covent garden to go to so try them instead.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

This restaurant proves to be a useful pre-Theatre option.

The service is excellent; a genuine professional welcome and good prompt service at table. This allowed us to be in and out within one hour, which generally would be a real ask for the west end.

The food is fairly average and portion size is on the small size. My fish and chips came with a total of six chips that even disuaded my other half from stealing one. The setting is a little cramped. Other all it represents fairly average experience and is just a little on the expensive side for what it is.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I was looking for somewhere to have dinner on my own early Saturday evening 17 June 2012 before going to the Opera and had walked all around Covent Garden before deciding on Tuttons, mainly because it looks so nice from the outside. The place was not crowded, so I had a choice of table assisted by a very attentive and friendly waitress. My salad starter was delicious: fresh, varied & crisp ingredients, AND served at the correct temperature. For the main course I ordered belly pork with lentils. It came quickly after the salad. The pork was the best I had eaten for many many years - reminded me of those wonderful sunday lunches of childhood. I was tempted into ordering dessert which I usually do not do. However, the raspberry cheesecake recommended by the waitress was to die for! All in all, I could not have been happier.

I think this is a great place to eat.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Visited Tuttons last Saturday (4/2/12). I really wasn't impressed. My steak was tough and bearing in mind the price I would have expected a lot better. My wife had the duck and she said it was very dry. Needless to say I won't be going back and I certainly wouldn' t recommend it - there are plenty of far better restaurants in Covent Garden.

Monday, February 06, 2012

-New potatoes practically raw

-Steak overcooked

-Vegetables had to be ordered separately so they cost £7 extra for two people (already paying £20 each for a main meal) which is ridiculous

-Too loud to talk

-The gratuity was included on the card payment with no option to decline it, even though it was 'optional'

-Cost over £60 for two mains, two drinks and one shared dessert (no starters or wine) which is unacceptable considering the quality of the food

-Basically a complete rip-off and the worst restaurant experience I've ever had - DO NOT GO!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Excellent food, excellent service. I visited tonight for a friend's birthday and we had a lovely evening. The staff must have read some of the reviews here because they were very helpful, friendly and attentive.

Annie
Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Sometimes I do wish reviewers would take these restaurant ratings seriously. If something disappoints you, does that mean the entire restaurant deserves zero across the board? Please rate properly! People form opinions from these reviews, so be fair.

Anyway, that aside, I really like Tuttons. It hides in plain sight in the middle of Covent Garden and I overlooked it many times before its enormity was pointed out.

It's a little cramped inside, which can be irritating. But it's easy to forgive. The food itself is well above-average. The menu is ambitious enough to keep most people amused and the service, while mostly standard, is efficient and attentive enough to not be a problem. They do their job pretty well here.

This is an easy choice in a busy area, although I'd recommend going mid-week to avoid the rush. At weekends, I wouldn't try to get in here. Otherwise - recommended as a pre-theatre choice.

Alan Ingham - View all reviews by this user