Simurgh

17 Garrick Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9BL - View on a map

Simurgh Restaurant In London

We'd reserved a table for a pre-theatre meal and it was a lovely experience! The food was nice and the waiters were very polite and friendly. Very good service- starters, main course was all on time, did not have to wait long. The minty yogurt drink was refreshing. Very much wanted the dessert but were so full after 2 courses! We did try the Persian tea at the end and it was pleasantly relaxing!! The music, ambience- perfect!

Lovely food and brilliant show at the theatre later- a wonderful evening!!

farhad
Thursday, December 05, 2013

This place is near my office so ive taken a few people there and tried a few starters which were "okay" and i tried a few of the curries (ghormesabzi) as main course myself and didnt really have much complaints as their simple dishes no one can mess up, but the real test for any persian place is their kebabs, so we ordered 3 different types of kebabs, they came with the same base (some kind of mixture of tomatoes and saffron) and the kebab itself had so much somagh on top, even for me with a sour tongue i found it hard to chew and swallow... worse part is all our meat was undercooked.

The presentation of this place is great, the food looks very pretty and will be made to tourists visual tastes but the taste is horrible, i assure everyone persian food tastes nothing like this... persian food is 10x better than this, so on the off chance you actually enjoyed what you ate there, you will only love true persian food!

This place prays on tourists and i assure you none ever come back to the place to eat again, a true good persian restaurant will be filled with persians, if you find one in sight in this place, it will be a miracle and its got nothing to do with price, its because the food isn't even persian food in looks or taste, just in name. Good luck to who ever visit this place.

Monday, June 03, 2013

went there last evening, husband never had persian food before, but i love it. was so pleased, gorgeous food, extremley tasty, prompt, attentive but not annoyingly and friendly service, lovely decor, quiet but was a sunday, loved the men playing chess in the corner, definaltely go again, just felt the cover charge little steep, but didnt put me off.

rachel
Monday, October 08, 2012

We had a lovely dinner here, really good food - the calamari starter was the best I've ever had, and the dressing on the halloumi salad was awesome. Everything about the food was really nice and well cooked, and its pretty reasonably priced for its location, with a really good selection. I don't know its its particularly authentic, but its lovely anyway!

I've heard lots of bad things about the service, but the servers were fine to us, not overly friendly but generally inoffensive servers. They weren't particularly helpful to the family next to us, but they weren't rude either.

All in all, I'd say its worth going to, and we will be going back.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

we've been to simurgh last night, the bad reviews about rude waiting staff and etc, can't be true, I am a regular for over 5 years now...

we had the most amazing genuine persian food, sophisticated and well presented, it tasted nothing but fresh (always did), as I am an iranian myself I can tell.

Even though it was very busy night, the staff were very attentive and friendly, specially considering this time of the year (persian new year) I took some guests to introduce the cuisine to then, it was an absolute success!!!!

We danced and enjoyed a lot!!!!!!

highly recommend!!!!!