Lido

41 Gerrard Street, Soho, London, W1D 5QF - View on a map

I was there on Sunday and ordered dim sum, the food was cold, the fried bean curd was not crispy seems like it had been leftover there for hours.

The staff are not attentive to our request despite calling them on several occasion. Food was not spectacular, service was bad in the past now worse.

We complained that the food was cold and they just ignored us.

Ill never come back in a lifetime. Why be abused by them if they don't want your business bring it elsewhere. On top of that they still have the nerve to charge us service it was included in the tab without our knowledge.

AntonioW - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, January 02, 2014

Visited Lido for a dim sum lunch here about a week ago and really enjoyed the food! Although it was quite busy, service was well paced and the servers were very friendly attentive. We really enjoyed the prawn dumplings and the roast pork puffs - absolutely delicious! I would definitely recommend Lido for dim sum and will definitely be bringing friends here next time.

Friday, December 06, 2013

£8.80 set menu was appalling - duck was stringy and chewy - lent a whole new meaning to the word crispy - and dry; chicken and beef were greasy and vile. As were the noodles. Dim sum was tolerable, but nothing more. Completely not interested in any feedback on quality of the food. I will not be going there again in this lifetime.

Monday, June 10, 2013

I've been to the restaurant since i was a kid and service still remains the same. Very good, the service is prompt, staff are very friendly and easy going. During less busy hours they even let you sit in the restaurant for free to avoid the rain. I recommend trying out their dim sum which is wide in variety and very nice compared to a lot of the chinese restaurants in china town, though they have downsized the portions a little bit but i promise you won't be disappointed. As for their dinner menu, the options seems to be quite limited but still taste good.

lil''s
Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My husband and I went there for the first time yesterday after reading good reviews. We opted for the Dim sum menu.

We were definitely not disappointed.

Excellent dim sum, the staff was friendly and attentive. We didn't feel rushed. Chinese tea was topped up throughout the meal.

Very good value for money, food was light and not greasy. Yummy.

Will definitely be going back back for dim sum in the future.

Abby Kaur-Forde
Sunday, July 22, 2012

I've visited this restaurant on many occasions and it hasn't disappointed me at all. In fact in my opinion it's one of the constantly high achieving places in the area with delicious food every time from a traditional menu serving both dim sum and the main courses. In addition I think the service is very quick and effective though some may think it is an act of getting rid of customers, actually it is just an efficient service with some lovely staff. I would definitely recommend this place over and over again!

Sheena