YO! Sushi (Soho)

52 Poland Street, Soho, London, W1F 7NH - View on a map

YO! Sushi (Soho) Restaurant In London

Excellent food quality and very welcoming and friendly staff headed by Gabriela.

Well done so far Gabi and your team and keep up with good work.

Monday, April 14, 2014

We wouldn't return to this restaurant again. Twice we have been to this place on a Sunday for the 'Super Sumo Sunday' eat all you like in one hour promotion.

On both occasions, there was virtually nothing on the conveyor, just a choice of four or five vegetarian dishes that looked very wilted & fed up.

We complained to the staff, & were told that it wouldn't normally be like this, & that although it isn't normally allowed to order food when doing this promotion, we could order what we wanted. So we ordered. And waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing came. Then it was time to leave the table, as our time was up.

This happened to us twice. Never again.

There are other Yo Sushi restaurants that would offer you a better, fresher choice, & no doubt better service as well. Don't bother yourself with this one.
View/Add comments (1)

T Simmons
Wednesday, February 20, 2013

We eat in Yo! Sushi branches all over the country, and at least twice a week. From the second we entered this place, I wanted to get the hell outta dodge. The premises smelled fishy, not a good sign, and the air was warm and dank. The food on the conveyor looked tired, and on smell testing the edamame we discovered a scent not too dissimilar to a damp dishcloth. All the tuna dishes we ordered off menu arrived looking days old and grey, and the rice was gluey and musty. The ethos of fast, fresh and healthy dining has clearly been lost in Soho. Never ever ever have I been so disappointed! The one saving grace was the sincere apology from the chef, who allowed my partner to have his katsu for free (the only item we actually consumed) and didn't charge us for the 5 dishes we ordered but didn't touch. Marks out of ten? MUST try harder - 1/10. Sorry!

Lori
Monday, June 11, 2012

I must say that I used to enjoy some Yo! Sushi from time to time in the beginning of the 21st century. The restaurants are normally quite funky, but the food is definitely not that fresh and not that authentic either. Not to mention the portions keep getting smaller, and you need to spend a fortune to have any chance of filling up. On my last visit I could only compare it to the McDonalds/Burger King version of a sushi place...

From now on I will keep my sushi urges in check until I get to New York. In manhattan visit East 59th street (between 2nd and 3rd avenues) and find many great Japanese delis that do better food than this...

Monday, February 20, 2012

We have been there this winter, as we were struggling to pieces for some Japanese food. We like the way Yo! Sushi mixes the fast food style together with the ambience of a restaurant, so that to create a funny environment that stimulates customers to enjoy different dishes, being attracted from their colours and they presentation on the trolley, as well as giving them a good privacy to enjoy their conversations and to spend there as much time as they like.

The philosophy of this kind of places is not thinking about what to eat and how long to stay.

Despite the not very great atmosphere of this small restaurant, the service was impressive, and we particularly remember the kindness of the chief, that showed us a couple of new promotions.

Food is not bad, but very fresh. We die for chocolate mochi!

Finally, the value for the money is awesome, especially if you consider that the fish is really fresh and of good quality.

Do not forget to subscribe, as you can have cool discounts...we have just received a new advert now!

Ritchies