Le Gavroche

43 Upper Brook Street, London, W1K 7QR - View on a map

Le Gavroche Restaurant In London

My wife and I went for dinner on Wednesday 16th January and had the most wonderful time. Great service, great atmosphere and great food. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

Peter Eldrett
Monday, January 21, 2013

Took my wife for a meal, we had the tasting menu. The food and service were both excellent. The intimate atmosphere of the bar and restaurant are terrific.

Joseph Holmes
Thursday, September 27, 2012

Went for my wife's birthday, the restaurant is intimate and has a nice small bar upstairs.

We opted for the tasting menu without the wine and I thought that the food was good but not as good as other starred restaurants that I have eaten in London, I would have expected more from a 2 star restaurant. Although pretty much all of the dishes were well cooked, you could tell all ingredients were of a high quality although the partridge was a bit chewy and I thought overcooked. A couple of the dishes I felt a little tasteless.

Service was brilliant always very accomadating and they took into account an allergy I had and amended my menu, they kept glasses of water and wine topped up all night and were smiley and were not rude at all.

Michel came out an introduced himself to all the tables and took the time out to sign the tasting menu to my wife for her birthday which made her night.

All in was happy although the food was not as good as expected but the service was great and a nice restaurant.

Wes
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We took a friend here for lunch and had the business lunch 3 courses + half a bottle of wine for £50 per head. Considering one gets 3 michelin courses and wonderful wine for that amount, it really is a good deal however I have eaten here before and had the full tasting menu (the height of french cuisine!) and nothing really compares to that so if you can afford it then take that option!

The service was excellent, efficient and faultless. I was even escorted to the toilets when I asked where they were!

I had oxtail with pea risotto - sadly it looked like it had been thrown on the plate slapdash - and the rice was extremely undercooked (not just al dente but very tacky in the middle). The flavours however were perfect and I was hungry so I ate it anyway.

The cheese board was fantastic with so many choices and the rice pudding dessert was the perfect sweetness and came served in what looked like a small fish bowl.

I would definitely go again but more than likely have the full tasting menu instead of the business lunch.

Abbie