Tas (The Cut)

33 The Cut, Waterloo, London, SE1 8LF - View on a map

Crowded and we had to wait for our pre-reserved table. We had the shared menu, the starters were very good, but the vegetarian main was bland. Restaurant is very noisy and you sit very close to other diners. Don't go if you want a quiet place to talk...

Friday, December 07, 2012

The food was colourless and overall unappetising.

The service was at best, rudimentary with little communication and overall glum attitude.

We were a group of six, and they decided to seat us downstairs, right at the back corner of the room. We were the last in the room of about four other tables to leave.

Two separate groups of staff sat at nearby tables and ate their staff meals whilst we were eating at the table next to them. Of course, I understand that the staff must eat at some point during the evening, but don't the management think what this must look like to their customers. Also, I felt that this put some pressure on us to 'hurry up and get out of here'!

And then, for the last approximately 15-20 mins, two other members of staff proceeded to start stacking up chairs to our immediate right, packing away for the night. Terrible service, and made us feel very uncomfortable, like WE were inconveniencing THEM. And we still had not fully finished our meal!

DEFINITELY NOT GOING BACK AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE EXPERIENCE.

Friday, November 02, 2012

6 of us ate here on a Friday night recently & had a good if not wonderful experience. The food I would say is fair for its type - we shared our traditional starters which were much of a muchness and I followed with a lamb dish which was better. The portions are fairly generous and the staff were cooperative about keeping bread and olives topped up.

Service was not at all bad - a bit chaotic with at least 3 or 4 staff serving us at various times but overall it was ok.

The venue itself is a little cramped but has character although they need to monitor the music volume - at one point even though we were miles away from the speakers we were having to speak loudly to make ourselves heard.

Price was about GBP25-30 for shared starters, main, coffee & a couple of drinks. I was happy paying these prices but would be reluctant to pay any more.

Overall an unremarkable but pleasant eating out experience. Would I go back, yes, but would I seek it out specifically, probably not.

Bootsy - View all reviews by this user
Friday, February 17, 2012

Lovely food and location. I enjoyed the food and atmosphere there until my last visit.

On my last visit few days ago me and my friend ordered drinks for the table we were chatting to. The waitress came back after few minutes and told us that Manager will not allow to do it, and left the drinks on our table. The waitress was nice and friendly.

If one decides to buy a drink to the table he is chatting to it must be delivered without saying "We don't do that".

Yesterday I and few of my friends went there for a diner and when we sat on the table Manager said that he would not serve any drinks to our table. We decided to leave straight away.

It is absolute disgrace that such a lovely place is run by unprofessional Managers. Managers really need to acquire customer service skills, need to smile and learn some professional ethics.

Fantome