The Brilliant Restaurant

72-76 Western Road, Southall, London, UB2 5DZ - View on a map
Telephone: 020 8574 1928

The Brilliant Restaurant Restaurant In London

The restaurant is very well laid out, the atmosphere and the service is second to none. However, there are some problems. I am true Indian, born and bred, and the food did not live up to its standards. The spices are....oh wait, there are no spices in the food!

The restaurant is a paradise for British people with no taste buds, however for us majority of Indian people who want hot curries and tasty, mouth watering spices, the restaurant does not offer much. The food is pretty much tasteless and I believe that it would be wise for them to put some more spices in the food, or at least some spices in the food.

Harjinderjit pal
Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This was my second visit and it was just as good as the first time. We had a group of nine people. Everyone really enjoyed the food and the whole experience was great.

We were welcomed on arrival and we were shown to our table. Interesting amuse-bouche set the taste buds going for the rest of the meal. Starters and main courses were all well thought out and excellent. The combinations of flavours and ingredients were interesting and, importantly, worked together. These are dishes that the chefs have taken care over with attention to detail and getting it right. This is far from your standard Indian restaurant and a pleasant surprise. Desserts were as good as the main courses

Service was outstanding. A Sikh chap and his staff (all impeccably dressed) were very professional and great servers. The Sikh chap went the extra mile and was a lovely and cheerful bloke.

This place is very special. The people who run it are true hoteliers and they serve true Punjabi food. My words do not do it enough justice. If you like Punjabi food and wish to experience it in a sophisticated setting, Brilliant restaurant will impress you as its Gordon Ramsay best restaurant. Take my word for it.

Monday, July 02, 2012

Firstly there are an amazing number of reviews with full marks in each category - I'm guessing they are not genuine reviewers!

I spend a lot of time in India on business and sample some brilliant food there and only occasionally eat indian food here BUT my visit to Brilliant was my first and last. I agree with the general consensus that the food is tasteless and over priced but the key reason I will not go back is their attitude.

My young daughters were playing amongst themsleves and were intrigued with the water feature by the entrance. The manager asked us to seat them as the restaurant, in his view, was 'fine dining'. I made the point that they are not disturbing anyone and we have had to wait a long time for the main meal. He didn't take it too well so I ordered the bill for the starters we had and cancelled the mains, however on the way out I mentioned that because I saw the restaurant on Gordons programme I decided to visit and I was disappointed. His response was 'trade is doing well' and I thought to myself that the issues Gordon raised a couple of years ago seemed evident today - poor attitude!

I don't wish to sound negative and generally do not write reviews but I felt compelled on this occassion due to experience.

HJ
Monday, June 11, 2012

the brilliant restaurant surely lives up to its name and reputation and the food at the restaurant is 'brilliant'

gordon ramsay selected the brilliant as one of his best restaurants and that is the reason i wanted to try it, well gordon hats off to you, because this place really rocked

wish we could visit more regularly but we live all the way in blackpool

you must try their tandoori lamb chops! luscious! yummy

sonia
Sunday, February 12, 2012

Well they say you pay the price for good food and to be honest with you after visiting this restaurant the first time, i will be going on numerous occasions in the future as t really is the best Indian food London hs to offer. How can i be so sure? well because i am a food lover of Indian cuisine and have now visited 320 Indian restaurants in London alone. In my opinion The Brilliant has got to be the best. The Tandoori mixed grill was stunning and main courses of black lentils, karahi lamb and chicken curry were excellent. I am Indian myself and have quite a vast knowledge of the cuisine and surely know how Indian food shouldtaste. The Brilliant spices its food well and uses flavours, tastes, texture and presentation amzingly well.

I took a group of ten guests last week when i visited, all of whom are Indian food lovers and we were truly impressed. It even has its own car park.

We made a reservation, thank goodness because it was absolutely packed.

We will be back soon, fabulous, Gordon this time you definitely made the right choice, superb restaurant

dami - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Went with the knowledge of going to one of the best Curry houses according to Gordon Ramsay… I have been to many before and this was the worst! The food has no flavour, no basic spices from the usual Indian. I've never felt so disappointed and definitely not going back again. If this is Gordon Ramsay's opinion no wonder he is closing his restaurants around the world.

Hikmat K
Saturday, November 26, 2011

Went to Brilliant yesterday. I think my view should matter a lot because I am an Indian and I am a lover of Indian food so much that I cook authentic Indian food at home which is admired by all my friends and family. I would say I know my food. Here is my view:

- It gets ugly trying to find parking space. Ask restaurant staff for the parking.

- I had advanced booking but the person on phone got my name wrong. Had to wait for a while before we finally got seated.

- Had Tandoori mix platter for starter with chicken malai tikka. Both were nicely cooked and tender. Enjoyed that with roomali roti.

- Main course was Chicken curry and Masaledar Lamb. Lamb was OK but chicken curry was miles away what I know chicken curry is. Chicken pieces were dry from inside and tasteless.

- Although the experience was OK but I am never going back because of the price. They charge ridiculously high for a serving of curd or salad.

Lucky
Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 6/10

Monday, October 18, 2010 - With reassuring mediocrity, the mixed grill arrived. Actually perhaps that's unfair - some of it was pretty good, particularly the lamb chops which were nicely charred on the outside and almost sausagey in texture inside, and the prawns were also well timed, the flesh having moisture and bounce if not being particularly strongly spiced. But chicken tikka pieces were watery (literally - I don't know where all that liquid was coming from) and bland despite the skilful grilling, and seekh kebabs were similarly dull.