Oslo Court

Prince Albert Road, St John's Wood, London, NW8 7EN - View on a map

Telegraph

Matthew Norman

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - It is the same paean to peach it ever was, the staff remain breathtakingly attentive to a largely venerable clientele, and the menu reads like a memento buried in a time capsule...The veal Holstein, an escalope garnished with capers, anchovies and a fried egg, was, enthused my father, exactly as he remembered it. Steak Diane (filet mignon flambéed in its own juices and Worcestershire sauce) was 'good, tender meat beautifully cooked'.

Love it! Realy upset that I did not book in time for my birthday lunch. Have only been at Saturday lunch time, so can't comment on evenings. Was last there in March in 2013. Love the spicy fish soup and Neil the dessert waiter and his gorgeous desserts.

Its well priced as you know what you get i.e the crudites, starter, main course, dessert, garlic rolls, tea, coffee or lemon tea with mints and petit fours are included. Plus the birthday or other celebration cake-which is yum.

Ros - View all reviews by this user
Friday, October 04, 2013

Firstly I am not a first time hater. I have been coming to oslo court for 10 years. Over that time I have seen it very slowly decline. I held this place in high enough esteem to have my 40th birthday here. This was a Thursday night maybe that made a difference. I'd never been in the week before. We were called on the day of the booking to be told not to rush and to come as late as possible. We did. We came 20 minutes after our booking time and still had to wait at the bar for another 30 mins before our table was ready. I soon spotted why. There was some very wide russian men who seemed to not want to give the table up. The barman was remonstrating with them in russian and eventually calmed them down. So not the best start. The food wasn't as good as usual and the staff not as friendly or polite. The usual French/Spanish and Catalan waiters and waitresses seem to have been replaced by an increasing amount of eastern europeans who rarely smile. Atmosphere is more sterile and less fun. What the place really misses is Tony Sanchez's daughter/s who were always on top of things and always made it an amazing experience. Lobster wasn't good or was there very much. I managed to blag an off menu beef wellington that was fantastic. But standards are slipping. I never thought I'd say this but I won't be rushing back. If you are a long term customer like I am and are thinking of paying a visit for the first time in a while. Expect a difference.

nathan - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, June 20, 2013

went there for the first and last time. Live in London for 24 years almost, never heard of it before.

strange succession of 10 star reviews here, i think somebody from Oslo Court is working overtime at his PC.

This is a REAL review: Food - below average, some things are okay, others are terrible

Service - was good

Atmosphere - ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

Value for money - you can get 100 times better for the same price at 100 other restaurants all across London

Verdict - once is enough.

Jonathan
Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I had to write a review after reading the offensive comment a previous diner had written, saying how awful the Oslo Court is (and if they feel that way glad never going again) this is one of the best restaurants food wise in London and the staff the most kind and attentive, especially the cute and cheeky dessert waiter who everyone loves.

The decor is lost in the 70's but that is one of the reasons we love it and would not want it to change. It is acutally situated on the ground floor of an apartment block near Regents Park and short walk from St Johns Wood High Street.

I go for family occasions and off today for brothers birthday when they will "surprise and embarrass him with a cake and rendition from all the staff and guests of HAPPY BIRTHDAY song.

Friday, May 10, 2013