La Porchetta (Islington)

141-142 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 1QY - View on a map

La Porchetta (Islington) Restaurant In London

Was in Upper Street yesterday evening after going to see fast and furious at the Vue cinema, fancied a PIzza and would have normally gone to strada, but a friend had told me about La Porchetta.

Upon arrival we were seated straight away, the restaurant was about half full.

I chose the pizza bufala and my partner the napoletana, both were fantastic, the bufala especially with large chunks of fresh cheese and a pile of rocket.

The pizzas were massive, and really filling, but after a recommendation from our waiter we made room for the Tiramisu, which again was really tasty, he said it was home made and it tasted great, threw me a bit when it came in a coffee cup though.

An excellent value meal, nice atmosphere, and I think my new favourite Pizza restaurant.

Definitely recommend this place!

trevor vincent - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Before a night out with the boys in Angel, I usually find myself here. They do a good range of pizzas and pastas. I always go for the Calzone and we usually get a couple of starters to share the garlic pizza bread is good! The staff are very friendly and its always a great place to start the evening. I would definitely recommend it over the bigger Italian chains!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This was an absolute joke. the service was terible it took an hour and a half before the food arrived. the pizza had to be reheated because a medium rare steak was not ready after 1h 20m. So you would hope that the taste would redeem the whole experiance, but guess what it didn't the steak tasted like something you would get on the Dover to Calais ferry. The pizza which was la porchetta named after the restaurant and the most expensive was horrible it tasted like bad falafel from Camden at 3:30 in the morning which haunts you for the next week. Do not go to this slop kitchen, go to anywhere else. I guarentee it will be better.

Bran