La Porchetta (Islington)

141-142 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 1QY - View on a map

La Porchetta (Islington) Restaurant In London

Was in Upper Street yesterday evening after going to see fast and furious at the Vue cinema, fancied a PIzza and would have normally gone to strada, but a friend had told me about La Porchetta.

Upon arrival we were seated straight away, the restaurant was about half full.

I chose the pizza bufala and my partner the napoletana, both were fantastic, the bufala especially with large chunks of fresh cheese and a pile of rocket.

The pizzas were massive, and really filling, but after a recommendation from our waiter we made room for the Tiramisu, which again was really tasty, he said it was home made and it tasted great, threw me a bit when it came in a coffee cup though.

An excellent value meal, nice atmosphere, and I think my new favourite Pizza restaurant.

Definitely recommend this place!

trevor vincent - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Before a night out with the boys in Angel, I usually find myself here. They do a good range of pizzas and pastas. I always go for the Calzone and we usually get a couple of starters to share the garlic pizza bread is good! The staff are very friendly and its always a great place to start the evening. I would definitely recommend it over the bigger Italian chains!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012