Small & Beautiful

352 Kilburn High Road, London, NW6 7QB - View on a map

My friends and I have been going there for years. The food is good and cheap and the staff very friendly. We are going there to celebrate my birthday next week. It has a varied menu and the service is good. No service charge.

JOAN KUPLER
Thursday, December 13, 2012

the food is not the same. i think they changed the chef. from 8-9 months the food is really getting worse specially steaks

steve - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apparently some of the reviews in here (yes, the bad ones) have been written by rival restaurants in the area as the info they have provided in most cases is wrong. An example? As otherwise mentioned, Small and Beautiful doesn't charge for service and secondly paying 200 quid for a meal in this restaurant especially if there are only 4 of you could never happen - unless of course, each of you weigh 150 kilos and more. I went to S&B with a group of 9 people for my birthday and we still didn't pay that much (we nearly had everything on the menu from starters to desserts). I frequent the restaurant with my boyfriend and all I can say is that it's one of the best restaurants in London. I' ve been to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant with the same group of friends and they all thought it was crap compared to S&B. All in all, the food at this place is exquisite, the prices are amazing (I don't know how they make a profit), the atmosphere is quirky and cool, your food always comes on time tasting amazing and the staff is fine (for the people wondering, yes they can take an order, be polite and bring you your food..I mean that's all they need to do, isnt it?). Thank you S&B, never change...

Maria and Mark
Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I've been going to this restaurant on and off for years now. I have just been back a few times over the past few weeks and find that there have been substantial changes, definitely for the better.

Firstly, the menu seems to have grown to offer a range of prices to suit the most humble of clientele. They are offering a 3-course meal for £5 - I have had this four times now and only once was I disappointed. The main course is a choice of 2 meals. You can also get 2 courses for £5 from a choice of 4 starters, 4 main. Another addition is pizza and drink (including a glass of house wine) for £5. You would think at these prices, they would be in a hurry to get you out - but that's not the case.

The quality of food is usually excellent with very good portion sizes. Added to this there is an a la carte and also daily specials.

They have had a change of management with a new chef and the staff seem to be alot more efficient, and friendlier than before. All in all a great place to eat.

Suchita
Friday, August 05, 2011

After reading some of the reviews on here I was surprisingly appauled by some of them. I felt I just had to write my own review as my evening at The Small and Beautiful was a great one!

This restaurant definitly provides value for money. The staff are friendly and do

their utmost to ensure that you are kept happy. The food portions are generous and very tasty. The drinks are priced reasonably. The waiter who attended our table was very pleasant and very speedy in delivering our starters,main meals and desserts. All in all Small and Beautiful is a delightful cosy little restaurant- a great way to get your evening started or to end your evening with.

I will be back there soon.

James
Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Its several years since I went there because the last time several of my friends were upset that therer were no vegetables served with their dishes.

This time I made sure everyone had been warned they must order some veg. Not everyone did though.

Its been there a long time and its one of those places which seems to be run just by ever changing and not very experienced staff so it depends on exactly who is working when you go. They rather seemed a bit challenged by the complexity of their new jobs to be very friendly but they manage the basics of taking an order and bringing the food!

The £5 main and starter from a limited list is such good value that its surprising they dont make it £7 and include some veg. But they dont! Thats fine as long as you remember that. The food is mostly European style and quite good but seems to be mostly prepared in advance although many are stews etc. I only mean that factually rather anything bad.

I think the house wine is about £12-£13 a bottle but I only had a glass.

The clientelle are rather mixed, mostly 20-30s and often rather arty, equally mixed with couples and girls together. Many people seem to go there to eat before going on to somewhere else in the area rather than making the meal the focus of their evenings entertainment..

Tony Glazier