Two Brothers Fish Restaurant

297-303 Regent's Park Road, Finchley, London, N3 1DP - View on a map

I've used this place for takeaways quite a few times. It's pretty decent - fish is cooked in motza meal on request. Chips are very good and they make their own tartare sauce (although it could do with more capers). I think that their standards have slipped a little in the last year or so - portions don't seem to be as large. Saying that I'll still be going back - a good chippy is difficult to find.

I'm marking 4 for ambience - not having eaten in I can only go one the atmosphere in the waiting area. Service on the take-away counter is nothing to write home about.

Rex - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, June 08, 2014

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 8/10

Monday, September 12, 2011 - I don't know whether I should technically still be ordering cod but if they taste as good as this I'm afraid you're going to have to come up with a very convincing argument to stop me. It was fantastic - a crispy (beer we were told) batter, not too thick and not too thin, containing flaky bright white very fresh fish. The chips were, well, I hesitate to use the word 'perfect' but I can't for the life of me think how they might be improved upon; cooked simply in vegetable oil, once doused with malt vinegar and salt they were evocative and nostalgic and just plain delicious in the way all great food is.