Bam-Bou

1 Percy Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1DB - View on a map

Bam-Bou Restaurant In London

Went for a Saturday night meal recently. I made the booking because my husband had read that there was a special offer. I read through and yes there was an offer, so I booked.

When we sat down, the head waiter came over to explain that the special offer didn't apply for Saturday night bookings between something like 7:30-8:30, as he had had other confused customers that night. Maybe we should have read the offer terms more carefully, but I do think that if multiple customers are getting confused, then the offer is too confusing, so would advise other diners to check carefully.

The food came, and it was generally lovely. The squid starter was especially nice. The main course portions weren't the biggest though and my main course monkfish was a bit luke warm, as was my husband's espresso - in my book, there's no excuse for not serving hot dishes hot.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a lovely ambience, but it's not great value at full price.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Recently got treated to a meal and found the service to be better than previously reviewed in 2009 though there was still room for improvement.

Starter of soy beans poor value money as were some main courses like the chicken - not substantial enough - avoid this dish. Relaxing place in a good location but the cooking needs to improve with bigger portions and better quality ingredients - not value for money.

Pete