Elysee

13 Percy Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1DT - View on a map

Elysee Restaurant In London

The upstairs bar is the best in the city. The crowd is sophisticated, and attractive. The drinks are well made by a bartender that understands what he's doing.

And the food... oh the food... it is simply the best in central London.

I love to go, order the lamb souvla (which is to die for), let the staff choose a wine from their great selection, and end the night by smashing as many plates as my heart desires. The atmosphere is fun and contagious.

Go, you won't regret it.

Peter Smith
Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Excellent food and friendly and professional service . The Elysee's roof terrace is fantastic for Al Fresco dining. The cocktail bar has some exotic drinks. I definitely recommend this place. The main restaurant is on the ground floor with live music from 9pm until 3am,!!

Kingsley
Thursday, July 18, 2013

A real gem. A dinner with friends was very well executed by a friendly but very well trained staff. The food was inventive and modern but firmly rooted in Greek cooking. It was very well executed and enjoyed by all. Highly recomended.

Alkmini
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Visited here on Friday night with some girlfriends, was pretty quiet at 8pm but is the kind of place that gets busy later. Great food, polite and attentive service and good wine list. We had lots of fun smashing plates too! The roof terrace upstairs is awesome for some post-dinner drinks and they are open until late (and fantastic if you're a smoker as you donít have to keep leaving your friends to go and sit on your own in the freezing cold and have a cigarette!!) Will definitely be back!

Hannah
Tuesday, October 02, 2012

worst greek night club/bouzoukia i have ever been too in my life. staff were very rude and greedy. they kept pushing for us to spend money every second. Then after we left them a 30 pound service charge they had the cheek to ask for tips. dance floor is also way to small and packed to even try to dance. do not go here there is much better bouzoukia.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Excellent food, attentive waiting staff, I had a really great birthday. We opted for the terrace to eat where there is just buzzy atmosphere of people speaking, rather than on the ground floor which has loud music and is noisier.

We did go down to the ground floor to smash a few plates later in the night, but decided to go back up to the terrace and drink and smoke under the warmth of the heated lamps.

This place is 75 years old about but was expensively and tastefully decorated three years ago so it's really modern and plush but with old fashioned coving.

Ker
Saturday, September 08, 2012

Being a Cypriot and having been to the Elysee many times over 20 years, I can tell you that it has never been known for its food ! We booked a table for 13 well in advance (about 2 months actually) for 10pm. When we arrived, the spacing for each person was a joke...so tight and crammed in. Very uncomfortable...one person wanted to leave immediately. Two of our party left at 11pm. We had to put two of our party on a seperate table - and we were still squashed. Food: very average and not enough of it. Best way to do it is to turn up (having eaten already...which is what a lot of Greeks do) after midnight and order just fruit and drinks. Music: If you are Greek....and expecting Greek music...then wait untill after midnight. If the food was good and a proper table was provided, I could have put up with the £950 bill !!!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I've never eaten Greek food before, but I will be after the fantastic experience we had!

We went as a large group of 10 and we ordered the Meze. That was a meal in itself. The food was wonderful, the calamari was well cooked but not tough and chewey like it is most places. The main dish was lovely although a bit salty, the portions were good, not small but not too large. At first I was disappointed by the desert but it was lovely and refreshing after a lot of food.

The entertainment was like none other! How many times can you say that you smashed plates at a restaurant (without getting charged!)? The music was fantastic, very loud so don't go along thinking you will have nice conversations when the music starts. At some point there was also a belly dancer. She was ok, nothing special.

The one thing that really let down the restaurant was the service, they were attentive and took our orders fine but they would hang around our table waiting for us to finish. It was a little bit annoying, but it was a quite night.

Overall a fantastic restaurant to visit!

Hannah
Wednesday, May 09, 2012

I never write reviews but felt that Elysee was worth taking the time to recommend. I booked one of the private dining rooms on Saturday for a large gathering of friends. The room was stunning, the menu varied, food delicious and the staff attentive and friendly. It couldnít have been any better so thanks to the staff at Elysee for ensuring a wonderful evening was had by all. I will definitely be back and all my friends commented on what a find it was!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I would like to thank Elysee, Every last detail was perfect.

Thank you for selecting that room, it was wonderful to be part of the Elysee and yet at the same time have our own private room to enjoy the delicious meal with my invited guests. The cuisine was exquisite and the service was outstanding. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about coming to Elysee and look forward to returning.

Thank you once again for the extra touch in making it a special double whammy of a night!

Magdalene Theodorou