Isolabella

45-46 Red Lion Street, Holborn, London, WC1R 4PF - View on a map

Isolabella Restaurant In London

Really hard to review this restaurant. The experience I had was not that bad, but I have not been impressed with food quality and was expecting something more from the reviews I found in here.

The venue is really noisy, not suitable for a romantic dinner or an intimate one with a friend. Staff is not Italian, but very polite and courteous.

We shared a seafood salad, which was quite tasty, but definitely not home made! The wine was average.

Then my partner had a Carbonara - huge portion, not impressively tasty, as it was a bit too watery - and I had Gnocchi al Gorgonzola - covered with a huge amount of rocket salad - not mentioned in the menu, which I like, but in the right context and not to cover up a tiny portion of pasta, especially if it still tastes plastic from the bag and has not been properly washed and dressed. My gnocchi were absolutely not home made, which is a MUST in an Italian restaurant.

The food is also quite expensive, not if you use London taste card or a voucher. In the end, I do not think I will go back. I know better places for real Italian food, as beeing Italian myself I am usually quite critical.

Ritchies - View all reviews by this user