Nambu-tei

Berkeley Arcade, 209a Baker Street, Marylebone, London, NW1 6AB - View on a map

Nambu-tei Restaurant In London

I have been visiting this restaurant regularly since 2010. I can honestly say that every time we have visited we have received delicious and authentic dishes and that these have arrived within a good waiting time. The staff are very polite and will do their best to accommodate needs.

My husband and I have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries at Nambu Tei as well as enjoying weekend meals there. The restaurant has private rooms downstairs that can be hired for free - again we have enjoyed special meals in these rooms. When it was my husband's 30th Birthday I asked if they would decorate the private room if I provided the decorations and was delighted with their efforts. I have never had this level of support from any other central London restaurant.

The restaurant also offers varied and tasty lunchtime set menus. I have tried many of these and they have always been consistently delicious and very filling and equally inexpensive. It is opposite Baker Street tube and is very easy to reach.

My husband and I have visited many other Japanese restaurants in London and France and Australia and none of these have compared to Nambu Tei. It is our favourite restaurant by far.

SIMONE YVETTE
Friday, January 03, 2014

Had a chirashi (sashimi on rice) last night. It wasn't a chirashi, it was a bucket of plain rice, covered with a slither of fish, none of the traditional (or standard) ingredients. All for a nice rip off price of £15. This is possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been to.

John Campbell
Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Accidentally stumbled across this restaurant while walking from Marylebone Station and was totally impressed! The efficiency of service and the wide variety of choice on the menu really pleased my friend and I. The miso soup was undoubtedly the best I have ever had! There is a wide variety of lunch specials at a reasonable price. I enjoyed every bit of this meal and will certainly return

Siana
Monday, September 10, 2012

Really pleasantly surprised by this place - it doesn't look all that from the outside (or even from the inside for that matter) but the food is fresh and tasty. The menu is pretty extensive and we tried plenty of things we'd not seen anywhere else. Service was inobtrusive but friendly and efficient. Lots of Japanese people eating there too. It doesn't have great decor or ambience but it is among the best Japanese food we've had in London, and even though it's not local to us, we'll make the effort to come here again.

Helen M - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Been here several times now - food always excellent , pleasant atmosphere, friendly service, thoroughly recommend.

Sunday, June 19, 2011