Phoenix Palace

3-5 Glentworth Street, Marylebone, London, NW1 5PG - View on a map

Phoenix Palace Restaurant In London

loved the food ! service was very good ! will go back again next week for sure.

sharmila - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, November 24, 2013

Used to love this place but it went downhill these days. Extremely rude staff and slow service.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

I have been to Phoenix Palace on a number of occasions and after a break returned to have the worst experience in a restaurant ever. Having spent nearly an hour waiting for our main courses, we were repeatedly told it was "on its way"; of course proven false on each occasion.

Finally I requested to speak to the manager, who advised we leave because we would not receive our food soon. Nothing short of rude and obviously the last of my visits to Phoenix Palace.

I know the food to be good here, but not worth putting up with the rude staff. Dining is an experience and there are many other worthy ones in London.
View/Add comments (1)

Seivar Al-Firqa
Wednesday, August 28, 2013

BEST SERVICE, GREAT RESTAURANT AND FOOD IS OUTSTANDING

I have to say everything is perfect the service is genuine helpful and charming

Every dish we tried was top class

Lovely selection of dishes

Definitely a hidden gem in London

We will be back

Alex Jones
Saturday, August 10, 2013

Not been here for nearly 1 year now, and unfortunately I am afraid this restaurant has gone downhill since my last visit.

Dim sum was mediocre with tons of MSG, and service was patchy. We were there at 2.30pm after the lunchtime rush, but no one came to give us the menu nor cutlery.

I'd rate this place now as 'average', and not 'good' as it used to be.

I hear there has been a change of management lately- not sure if that is true?

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Now I know I’m not the only one around that thinks the “Royal China” has gone off the boil of late. Last time we had a family meal there, they ran out of high chairs which made feeding Baby G tricky as he wanted to explore, the food wasn’t as wow as it used to be and the service wasn’t particularly friendly. It also seemed like the prices were creeping up, maybe this is the curse of Gordon Ramsey! So I was firmly in the market for a Dim Sum joint. Luckily our NCT pals Ketan and Sunita suggested Sunday Lunch at the “Phoenix Palace”. They now have 2 little boys but like us try and eat out a fair bit. I consider myself a moderate connoisseur of Chinese restaurants so I was surprised I hadn’t heard of the Phoenix Palace but very glad I made it’s acquaintance.

We met them down at the Phoenix Palace which is in a side street by Baker St station. We entered through an impressively ornate lobby and were shown to our table. Ketan and Sunita being regulars had secured the coveted table by the fish tank. this was a big hit with the boys. The restaurant is really very big inside like a tardis. I liked the layout as it curves around the building so despite it’s size it still feels intimate. We ordered a selection of Dim Sum and mains which were delicious. I can confirm that in most cases it was better than the “Royal China”. Service was efficient, they didn’t rush us to order and were very nice with the boys. Also a big plus was that we had plenty of room for a pram and for the boys to play. 2 year olds will only sit at the table for so long so as they were happy playing, not disturbing the other patrons or staff we could get on with some serious eating.

We were able to enjoy a friendly relaxed family lunch in nice surroundings. The boys loved their food and there was a good variety on the menu. We really felt at home and vowed to come back soon. The bill was really very reasonable for the quality of the food and the amount we ate. I still salivate at the thought of their lovely sesame prawn rolls!

david ginsberg - View all reviews by this user