Phoenix Palace

3-5 Glentworth Street, Marylebone, London, NW1 5PG - View on a map

Phoenix Palace Restaurant In London

loved the food ! service was very good ! will go back again next week for sure.

sharmila - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, November 24, 2013

Used to love this place but it went downhill these days. Extremely rude staff and slow service.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

I have been to Phoenix Palace on a number of occasions and after a break returned to have the worst experience in a restaurant ever. Having spent nearly an hour waiting for our main courses, we were repeatedly told it was "on its way"; of course proven false on each occasion.

Finally I requested to speak to the manager, who advised we leave because we would not receive our food soon. Nothing short of rude and obviously the last of my visits to Phoenix Palace.

I know the food to be good here, but not worth putting up with the rude staff. Dining is an experience and there are many other worthy ones in London.
View/Add comments (1)

Seivar Al-Firqa
Wednesday, August 28, 2013

BEST SERVICE, GREAT RESTAURANT AND FOOD IS OUTSTANDING

I have to say everything is perfect the service is genuine helpful and charming

Every dish we tried was top class

Lovely selection of dishes

Definitely a hidden gem in London

We will be back

Alex Jones
Saturday, August 10, 2013

Not been here for nearly 1 year now, and unfortunately I am afraid this restaurant has gone downhill since my last visit.

Dim sum was mediocre with tons of MSG, and service was patchy. We were there at 2.30pm after the lunchtime rush, but no one came to give us the menu nor cutlery.

I'd rate this place now as 'average', and not 'good' as it used to be.

I hear there has been a change of management lately- not sure if that is true?

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 8/10

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - The decoration hails from the school of Chinese bling with huge gold dragons arching their backs menacingly next to red carved wooden chairs and heavy lacquered screens. Just my type of place...Our selection of tasty morsels started with the har gao prawn dumplings whose pliant, thin skin was stretched over plump, juicy prawns. The Shanghai pork dumplings erred on the stodgy side but off the specials list, the chicken and ginger dumpling was a revelation. Subtly flavoured with a delicate, translucent skin the dumplings were adorned with two peas making the them look a little like the dim sum version of ET.

Will Eat For Money

Will Eat For Money

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - Beef ball dumpling. Minced beef mixed with mushed peas. Well seasoned beef and fortunately the taste of peas didn't come through too strongly. A very decent meatball. Fried dough cheung fun. Another one I hadn't come across before, but really liked. The noodle roll itself was perfectly dense, while the fried dough filling was nicely crispy. Wonderful when dipped in to the sweet soy sauce...Some items at Phoenix Palace were more successful than others, such as the har gau, and the overall quality was good. It's a good option for a dim sum lunch on the weekend, though beware of queuing times.

Pig Pig's Corner

Pig Pig's Corner

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - Phoenix Palace is located centrally just off Marylebone Road and just a couple of minutes away from Baker Street tube station. The store front merely hints at the decor inside, filled with shiny lacquered wood and traditional Chinese decorations and engravings looking very much the epitome of the old school opulent Chinese restaurant...We managed to sample a wide range of dishes, and overall they were mostly average to good quality overall although there were a couple I strongly disagreed with. However, I think that for nearly the same price, Pearl Liang has the better quality for nearly all the dishes.