Spaghetti House (Holborn)

20 Sicilian Avenue, Vernon Place, Holborn, London, WC1A 2QD - View on a map

Spaghetti House (Holborn) Restaurant In London

Rude and appalling waiter who was extremely passive aggressive and tried to make me feel like an idiot - I have never written an online review of a restuarant that was negative - I have eaten all over London - never have I experienced such a bad attitude. When I told the waiter that I was upset with how he spoke to me he shrugged - turned out he was the manager. Walked out during the ordering process. Please avoid this place.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

I have never in my life had such a bad dining experience.

We were left waiting at the door when we arrived for 10 minutes while waiters were asking us to move out of there way. Once they acknowledged our presence we asked for a table for 3 and they led us to a table of 2 which meant we had to wait longer for a table to be cleaned. We waited 20 minutes before our drink order was taken and of course this is only because we had been attempting to get someones attention for 10 of those minutes.

When our food arrived they had got the wrong order for me a pizza covered in meat, the waiter informed me that they just had the wrong table and he would go and find my food. 5 minutes later the waiter had returned and it was clear the meat had simply been scraped from the pizza and sprinkled with parmesan, this was was confirmed when my brother saw and tasted the parma ham which they had forgotten to discard. I am a vegetarian and found this solution extremely insulting, I could forgive that they got my order wrong mistakes happen and I would have been more than happy to wait while they cooked me some more food but to do this was disgusting. The waiter blamed the chef and eventually had him make me a new pizza, but they didn't seem too bothered and was never given a proper apology.

The food for all of us was of a very poor standard, the spaghetti was very dry and my food was tasteless. The service was the most appaulling I have ever come across and I shall never return and encourage others looking for a pleasant experience or friendly atmosphere not to go to this awful restaurant.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013