St Moritz

161 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 8WL - View on a map

Went again to this quirky place after a few years. I have to say I cannot fault the staff, though the venue itself can feel a bit cramped. Luckily we were a group of 5, but for an intimate 2 person meal I can imagine it not being all that romantic.

While out for a fag I actually convinced a young couple to come in for the food, but warned them my group might spoil their romantic meal as we were quite animated!

Prices are high, considering we eat the meat fondue, ie, they supply boiling oil, a small bowl of cubed steak (good quality) and a tasty enough salad, for 25 quid per person. We shared one portion but you still need to add rosti for extra cost so definitely not the best value.

I still enjoy the experience, and the many sauces they serve with the fondue make it interesting and tasty. My vegetarian friends all enjoy the rosti au legumes. Another veggie friend had spatzle. This seemed to be stodgy pasta with tomato sauce which is certainly not my kind of thing.

Kedi - View all reviews by this user