Thai Square (Trafalgar Square)

21-24 Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square, London, SW1Y 5BL - View on a map

Thai Square (Trafalgar Square) Restaurant In London

The quality of the food served to is at this restaurant did not match that of the decor. Far from it.

I went to the restaurant on Saturday in a party of 12 people. Although the ambience and location were excellent, (love the solid wood entrance doors!) the food was at best average and not worthy of being described as Thai food - it was more like a local Chinese take-away.

The chicken satay I had as my starter was dry and tough to get out of the stick which would suggest that the chicken was previously frozen - yuk! All of the other items we ordered were under-seasoned and lacked traditional flavours of Thai cuisine. The service was also very poor with inattentive staff. We weren't even offered deserts or coffee!

The ONLY nice dish served to us was one portion of coconut rice.

We certainly won't be visiting this establishment again.

andy
Tuesday, November 04, 2014

At 21.7.2013 18:00 we had a very good meal here (4 Persons).

Friday, July 26, 2013

We went there to celebrate my birthday. Starters was not bad but portions for a baby not two grown-ups. main course, hmm not only i got something different than I ordered but the taste ..yuk bizarre.

Not only that....they tip themselves putting 10% on our bill.

I can highly NOT recommend his place

AGNIESZKA
Sunday, May 05, 2013

We are a family of five from the Netherlands and this is absolutely our famous restaurant. Went there for the first and second time in Feb 2009 and enjoyed it that much we went back in Feb 2013. We had dinner twice with various starters, set menus (silver), main courses and deserts and it was all all delicious.

Wide variety of Thai spices and herbs all very fresh and tasty.

Pad thai was being served with the Silver menu; Delicious, best I ever had.

I strongly recommend the Sea Bass (Larb Pla). In my dreams I book a flight Eindhoven - London just to have this again... Absolutely fantastic !!!

Bart Vonk
Monday, April 15, 2013

The restaurant is nice inside, but the food is below average and the prices too high for the quality of the food. My friend and I had a special mixed starter which was okay, but not great. Dim sum soggy, chicken satay tasteless. Main courses of lamb massaman curry looked nice (came on the lamb shank) but the curry itself lacked taste and the lamb was very fatty without enough punch in the sauce to cut through. Wine was fine and fairly priced. I have eaten much better Thai food for less (albeit without white table cloths) e.g. Thai Pot, just off Hanover Square - the food is significantly better. Or if you are going to go high end Thai, I would recommend Patara. Location is good - it was the main reason we went - couldn't think of many places to eat near Trafalgar Square - but I will not be returning.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013