Thai Square (Trafalgar Square)

21-24 Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square, London, SW1Y 5BL - View on a map

Thai Square (Trafalgar Square) Restaurant In London

At 21.7.2013 18:00 we had a very good meal here (4 Persons).

Friday, July 26, 2013

We went there to celebrate my birthday. Starters was not bad but portions for a baby not two grown-ups. main course, hmm not only i got something different than I ordered but the taste ..yuk bizarre.

Not only that....they tip themselves putting 10% on our bill.

I can highly NOT recommend his place

AGNIESZKA
Sunday, May 05, 2013

We are a family of five from the Netherlands and this is absolutely our famous restaurant. Went there for the first and second time in Feb 2009 and enjoyed it that much we went back in Feb 2013. We had dinner twice with various starters, set menus (silver), main courses and deserts and it was all all delicious.

Wide variety of Thai spices and herbs all very fresh and tasty.

Pad thai was being served with the Silver menu; Delicious, best I ever had.

I strongly recommend the Sea Bass (Larb Pla). In my dreams I book a flight Eindhoven - London just to have this again... Absolutely fantastic !!!

Bart Vonk
Monday, April 15, 2013

The restaurant is nice inside, but the food is below average and the prices too high for the quality of the food. My friend and I had a special mixed starter which was okay, but not great. Dim sum soggy, chicken satay tasteless. Main courses of lamb massaman curry looked nice (came on the lamb shank) but the curry itself lacked taste and the lamb was very fatty without enough punch in the sauce to cut through. Wine was fine and fairly priced. I have eaten much better Thai food for less (albeit without white table cloths) e.g. Thai Pot, just off Hanover Square - the food is significantly better. Or if you are going to go high end Thai, I would recommend Patara. Location is good - it was the main reason we went - couldn't think of many places to eat near Trafalgar Square - but I will not be returning.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Went with a party of 12 last night and had a great time.

When looking up the address on my phone I saw all the negative reviews and expected the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised by a varied menu, good portion sizes and attentive staff (although sometimes difficult to converse with when asking about ingredients / halal friendliness). Prices were also good considering the location (~£35pp for a party of light drinkers).

Jack
Saturday, April 21, 2012

Worst Thai meal of my life I am sad to say!

Staff were friendly and the place looked ok on the first glance.

I had Chicken satay for starters ad it looked lovely but had absolutely no flavour - I mean - how do you manage that?

My main was a duck with lychee and pineapple in coconut sauce - which I was wondering how the flavours would go together - but thought I'de be brave and order something different from my usual green curry.

I wish I hadn't. Duck just did not go with the fruity flavours and was very fatty and I was not able to eat it. Coconut sauce, lychees and pineapple was lovely - but with slices of barely cooked tomato???

There was none of the usual fresh spicy Thai flavours and the dish was just confused.

Cleanliness was something else. I made the mistake of going to the toilets... black grime even up the walls up to a foot above the skirting and in all corners - I mean it really was worse that I have seen in the grimiest pubs in town! American couple in the next table were equally horrified by the lack of cleanliness of the toilets.

Left very quickly after that. Would not recommend to anyone to eat there.

PiaT
Sunday, February 26, 2012

I have never felt so unwelcome in a restaurant before. We were given a table at the end of the evening and were made to rush our way through the wine and meal. If they serve people late in the evening, and they are charging the full price, they should provide a polite and professional service, not make you feel like you should not be there. I have never been to a restaurant that functions in this way. Apart from this restaurant, normal proceedings are that there is a designated time set for last orders, and after that, you can wait until people finish their meal, not stand around costumers, filling the glass of wine every two seconds to speed you up and then remind you 5 minutes after serving the food that the restaurant is shutting in 5 minutes. Furthermore, they had already started cleaning the restaurant around us while we were eating.

All of this, and the food was not authentic or particularly tasty on top of being overpriced.

I have never complained in a restaurant before, I understand that everyone makes mistakes, but rude and unprofessional service is no mistake.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The place is nice, I was happy with the service. However the food is overpriced... I took my friend for her 21st birthday and went in early to drop in a birthday cake. The waiter told me there would be a £2 per head charge for the cake or if we all ordered the set menu- the sliver or gold menu there would be no charge- which is £26 or £30... there were around 12 people on my friend's birthday.. and why am I paying for something I've already paid for.. I was not happy at all... when I asked why was there a charge they said its cos they sell their own dessert... honestly??! ripping off money on someone's birthday! Its a birthday course there will be a cake.. I don't see a cake on the menu that I could order from otherwise I wouldn't have brought one!!

Cam