Maroush II (Beauchamp Place)

38 Beauchamp Place, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 1NU - View on a map

I first visited this restaurant about 6 years ago and had an enjoyable experience. However, after visiting again last night I will never return.

The restaurant was cold, and both the service and food was extremely poor. After waiting an inordinate amount of time for a simple starter of houmous shawarma to be served, we then had to wait once again for our pitta bread to be replenished, in order to actually enjoy our starter.

When the main course finally arrived after another long wait, we were served only one dish, without our side dishes; they'd entirely overlooked my friend's order which incidentally was identical to my own. We then waited a further 10 minutes for the rest of the food to arrive.

When we did eventually eat, the grilled chicken and lamb was flavourless, the mess of chillie sauce and garlic sauce lacked any punch and the only saving grace was the side dish of rice. I've eaten at a number of Lebanese restaurants and never have I tasted such bland and tasteless food.

The only enjoyable part of the meal was the complimentary fruit platter which was served to us hurriedly after we had requested the bill.

Incidentally, after being kept waiting for the bill to arrive, we ended up going to pay at the till ourselves.

It seems this restaurant has become rather sloppy over the years. The waiting staff need to be retrained and the chef needs to be reintroduced to herbs and spices!

I definitely would NOT recommend this branch of Maroush.

Ava