Maroush II (Beauchamp Place)

38 Beauchamp Place, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 1NU - View on a map

I first visited this restaurant about 6 years ago and had an enjoyable experience. However, after visiting again last night I will never return.

The restaurant was cold, and both the service and food was extremely poor. After waiting an inordinate amount of time for a simple starter of houmous shawarma to be served, we then had to wait once again for our pitta bread to be replenished, in order to actually enjoy our starter.

When the main course finally arrived after another long wait, we were served only one dish, without our side dishes; they'd entirely overlooked my friend's order which incidentally was identical to my own. We then waited a further 10 minutes for the rest of the food to arrive.

When we did eventually eat, the grilled chicken and lamb was flavourless, the mess of chillie sauce and garlic sauce lacked any punch and the only saving grace was the side dish of rice. I've eaten at a number of Lebanese restaurants and never have I tasted such bland and tasteless food.

The only enjoyable part of the meal was the complimentary fruit platter which was served to us hurriedly after we had requested the bill.

Incidentally, after being kept waiting for the bill to arrive, we ended up going to pay at the till ourselves.

It seems this restaurant has become rather sloppy over the years. The waiting staff need to be retrained and the chef needs to be reintroduced to herbs and spices!

I definitely would NOT recommend this branch of Maroush.

Ava
Saturday, September 28, 2013

This is a typical Lebanese restaurant that brings all the mix and harmony of authentic middle eastern flavors. The atmosphere is welcoming, the service is fast and the portions generous as you would expect with the Lebanese culture, Unfortunately one has to be generous too when the bill arrives as his prices are fit for an Arabian oil sheik...

Too expensive!

Mrs Tommy
Monday, August 15, 2011

I went here with 3 friends only to find that the food was awful and the service even worse. Upon being seated, we were presented with olives that had been on the table for at least a few hours and a basket of vegetables that looked as though they hadnt ever been washed. The waitress was rude and dismissive and management weren't much better. The restaurant is run down and dated and food is far from being even edible. Reallty disappointed and will not be returning again.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Had a most enjoyable mezza. The service was excellent. The dining room was excellent. The ladies toilets could be a little bit more inviting as this is a very important aspect to my dining experience for a clean bathroom denotes a high standard of hygiene. However I will go back again and again.

Thursday, June 02, 2011