Monza

6 Yeoman's Row, Knightsbridge, London, SW3 2AH - View on a map

We had dined here a couple of weeks ago using an online promotion. I must say that I was expecting a nice dinner as I have seen lots of nice reviews about this place. The venue is extremely cosy, insomuch as you can barely fit in it. The whole atmosphere would not be so bad if they would provide candles on tables, as it is quite dark inside. I would definitely recommend it for a lunch meal in stead of a dinner.

Despite that, staff is very nice and helpful, bread, olive oil, balsamic vinegar they provide are amazing and the food in general is good. I had a fish mixed grill and my parter had "pollo alla diavola". Both dishes were very tasty, and very well cooked. The must an extremely good grilled as you could taste the delicious, bbq style flavour. My plate included a tuna steak (small), a couple of king prawns, calamari and small spada fillet, accompanied by a couple of potatoes and carrots. Portions are not big and bit overpriced, but the quality is good.

To finish we had mousse au chocolate, tiny portions, but very good. All the desserts from the tray looked very good indeed.

The only negative point is the wine. Avoid at all costs cheap bottles as the taste awful, especially the red ones. The have a pretty good selection, so I believe that if you find a good balance price/quality you will not be disappointed.

Ritchies - View all reviews by this user