Thai Square (South Kensington)

19 Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 2HE - View on a map

Thai Square (South Kensington) Restaurant In London

A huge disappointment in terms of quality of food and service. Our curry arrived after a very long wait and long after we had finished most of the rest of our meal and was lukewarm at best. We were then charged twice for a dish we only had one of and the waitress refused to believe us. This was eventually corrected but with great reluctance on their part. Unbelievable. A shambles of an experience.

Monday, March 18, 2013

I went there yesterday and I was very disappointed with the food and the place overall. We ordered Chicken Salad, Squid (starter) and a Beef dish. The salad was basically reheated minced chicken with some herbs on a bed of 3 leaves of salad. The squid was was soggy and not fresh. The beef was very chewy and almost impossible to eat.

I did not eat my salad and after the first bite I decided to return it because I didn't like it and it smelled odd. Also there was nothing written in the menu that the chicken is served hot (reheated). Yet, still I was made to pay for the salad and the service charge was added on the top of the bill. When I asked a manager to take the salad off from the bill she refused saying that there was nothing wrong with the salad and she will charge us for it.

Overall food too expensive and not good at all. I would not recommend the place.

Damian
Thursday, March 29, 2012

I went here with my wife for a dinner and this is the worst Thai restaurant I have ever been to and I have been to many across London, Thailand and parts of Europe!

Starters consisted of thai chicken dumplings. For main we both had chef specials - duck tamarind (with a side of plain rice noodles) and the tiger prawns with vegetables and glass noodles.

The food from start to finish was really really awful. The food tasted old as if the previous day's food was reheated, particularly the vegetables that came with the prawns, which were soft and flat, The plain rice noodles we ordered were overcooked / and stuck together in a large lump. The duck, which was the only thing that passed as edible was mostly fat/skin. For all of the meals the sauces were goupy, lacking any balance of flavours and presented really badly.

Usually we would do anything for a peaceful life and would normally have just paid for the meal and got out of there. However, the food was not cheap (probably exploiting the location near to Exhibition Road) and was so disgusting but we were compelled to complain. In the end we only got 50% of the prawn meal and should really have had a full refund but were just pleased to see the back of that place.

I would not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemies.

Mike Conway