Ziani

45 Radnor Walk, London, SW3 4BT - View on a map

omg. this is such a delish restaurant and the staff are wonderful friendly - they brought us free bread before the meal! what quality! the pasta is just mmn mmn and i live on their fried mozzarella ! mmmn equisito thinking about my tummy sings la la la la man! great atmosphere because everyone is buzzing from the good food and service! can't wait to go back!

jojo
Monday, August 19, 2013

I took my husband to Ziani's last night for his 30th (and also our first dinner out together since our wedding). I really wish I hadn't bothered as I am still upset by the service and food that we received. Perhaps with hindsight I should have realised from the busy cafe like atmosphere when we arrived (and the fact that I could barely hear what my husband was saying) what we were letting ourselves in for - this was not going to be the romantic evening I was hoping for!

We were sat down and asked immediately what we wanted to drink - without even seeing the drinks menu. We had a variety of different waiters hanging over us hurrying our order along. Our first course was slammed down on the table in front of us 5 minutes after ordering - a speedy service is usually a good thing however our food was whisked away from us with the same amount of haste as soon as it looked like we had finished - with no time to sit and reflect on our starters (which by the way were good). My second course was battered squid rings (my husband had battered courgettes as a side order). The batter was soft and squidgy and was not fresh. I really should have complained but by this stage all that all I wanted to do was finish my dinner and leave. None of the waiters looked after us well - we constantly had a different one demanding someing from us. When we asked for the bill from one waiter running past us and he shouted "ok" without even bothering to look at me. After we had asked for the bill another waiter then came and plonked the dessert menus down in front of us and walked off - totally oblivious to the fact that we were leaving.

On a final note I really do object to being charged 12.5% for service when we didn't really receive any. Service should be at the customers discretion. But then again if it was - they wouldn't receive any. With so many other restaurants to visit in London I am grateful that I will never have to go back to Ziani's.

Marina Phillips
Thursday, November 03, 2011

you do not need to go to Italy to enjoy the best of Italian food, just go to ziani's restaurant . if you're used to having the best, so this is the place.

Israilton Pereira ( Tonny Pereira) - View all reviews by this user