Big Easy

332-334 King's Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 5UR - View on a map

Big Easy Restaurant In London

Sadly the reviews on service and poor food quality are an accurate depiction of this poorly executed American-style restaurant....I am not sure whose ego is being satisfied but customers certainly are not.

Tom
Sunday, December 15, 2013

The staff are rude and food wasn't great. will not be going back again! Its going down hill as it's starting to get popular. They don't care about their service because they are getting money. Terrible!

Monday, December 02, 2013

The worst EXPERIENCE EVER! Waitress at the door was incredibly rude, she would not sit us down a minute before we had booked for no apparent reason as the table was free and empty! The managers are incredibly incompetent, the female manager shouted at the waitress infront of our table! And the male manager was too busy walking around with lipstick on this face to remember that he was actually at work!

It took 40 minutes for our food to arrive after which there was a mix up so we ended up waiting an additional 30 minutes; meaning that we had food in front of us at 12 midnight!!! After the wait I personally did not want to eat the food that had taken over an hour to arrive and yet i was still charged for it. Absolutely ridiculous. To top everything off we had £30 of drinks that we hadn't drunk put onto our bill; the manager seemed to think she was doing us a big favour by taking the drinks we hadn't purchased off our bill! Overall I would say that the restaurant is definitely over packed; they are clearly too focused on profits and not having loyal customers come back. There is no communication with the kitchen and the waiters and the biggest problem here are the managers, the place would run better if it was managed by baboons.

Monday, November 04, 2013

BIG EASY is one of the best american style places I have ever been to in the UK, and Im someone who loves american cusine and I traveller to the states often.

I have a very high standard when eating out I have eaten at the Ivy, OXO Tower, Roux parliament square and many others.

I think this restaurant does what is says on the tin fresh and reasonably priced.

Everyone knows in these sort of restaurants you have to order the publics favorites in order to have fresh food in front of you.

I have been there on weekdays and weekends they are extremely busy and you will have to book in advance.

Jumbo prawns are always fresh. If you know anything about lobster you will know that anything under 2 and a half pounds won't have much meat on it they have a 5lb option for the hungry man.

I must say the steak isn't the best but its very reasonably priced.

Stick to Lobster and prawns there always fresh I see hundreds fly past me in the cuple of hours I spend there. If you like meat go for the big Rib its huge Im a big guy and I can't finish it. smaller ribs there have lots of sauce over them as per popular request the big rib comes with sauce on the side.

Harvester has nothing on this restaurant I haven't been to a harvester in 10 years and I wouldn't go back.

Tony De Sousa
Thursday, April 11, 2013

I recently went here with a few friends and it was rubbish. There are far better American style diners in London that will blow your mind. This place won't! On arrival our pre booked table was not ready and we had to wait at the bar for 20-30 minutes until we could be seated. The bar was packed, there were no seats so were standing up squashed whilst we waited. When we were finally seated the atmosphere was pretty average. They had a band on that no one was paying any attention to and the tables are so close together that its hard to get in and out of your chair. The food was rubbish and I mean rubbish! The lobster had hardly any meat on, the ribs had hardly any meat on and the chicken was tiny. They just cover it all in mountains of sauce. The chips were cold and nothing special and we all left still feeling hungry. Service wise I have had better in my local pub and is far from personal. Very over priced for what it is. I've had nice ribs and chicken at the Harvester for a quarter of the price! We wont be going again!

Saturday, March 02, 2013

The food is fun but the standard is pretty average. It's good if you're looking for American food and not anything extravagant.

Lately, this restaurant has been getting a lot of negative reviews from customers due to the fact that it is run by idiots. There are FOUR "managers" working in the evenings and when you ask to see one, it can take up to 30 minutes.

They overbook and expect you to wait for a table. When you become angry, they offer you a pitcher of cocktails which doesn't cost them more than a few quid and they still have your business for the night.

The people at the door are rude and dismissive, treat customers like they are the enemy and hassling them.

What a waste of time.

Kenneth Williams
Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Awful place - avoid more than the plague.

I used to go to the Big Easy many years ago when it was both friendly and reliably good. A recent return after a few years absence was really a terrible experience.

An amazingly rude front of house woman - you know who you are. I saw her be incredibly dismissive to a small family with very polite and shy young kids who had been waiting patiently to be seated.

Food was just badly cooked. Chicken undercooked. Steak overcooked. The claimed 10z ribeye steak was about Icm thick and more like a sandwich steak. Burger and fries were brought without any ketchup. Fries were cold and beer was actually warm. Service was chaotic. I saw a waitress asked to return a dish because it was the wrong dish to the kitchen and just stand there blankly for minutes without removing the dish off the table.

There is no love going into the food in this restaurant and barely any skill. And whoever is recruiting the staff seems to be doing it by picking random clueless overseas visitors off the streets.

Final word on the woman at the till at the entrance again. Having finished our 'meal' not even a "thanks for coming hope you had a good time" as we exited - just a surly stare. Nice touch guys.

Monday, November 05, 2012

The worst service you can imagine, mediocre food and expensive. I will never go back

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Most of these bad reviews are old! I was at Big Easy last night and had a great experience! The food was fresh and tasty with some great coleslaw (I really like coleslaw) the drinks were amazing and I did help that my friend paid! Would recommend this to everyone as I had a great dinner in a lovely atmosphere!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Really terrible place, should be struck off, the food was awful, very poor service, very expensive, the place is flithy, food cold, seemed as if it was made a few days before and warmed up with sauce, it makes my stomach turn thinking about it, took my son here for his birthday, so disappointing, DO NOT GO HERE, this place needs closing down.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012